Intake manifold swap Q

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Domi31

Would any performance be made by swaping a B16 intake maniflold on a B18B.
Or is the B16's shorter runners only good for higher revs?

Uhhh not too sure if you can do that:
B16=VTEC
B18B=Non-VTEC

I don't think it would do anything even if you could put it on....
Your ECU may freak also????? Cuz of the VTEC mani......

I have heard that the bolts dont line up right, but can be made to work.

Just wondering would it be worth it. B16 IM are really cheap and easy to get, cheaper than aftermarket

SORRY mang I am no help I just don't see the benefit.
The people that have done it their ECU is ok with that mani?????
I see your from Nor Cal.....
I was raised in the East Bay right outside of Oakland.
Where do you reside????
Oh and good luck with your question.

you can put a b16 manifold on a b18b if you do a lot of custom work to it. just stick with your manifold. and no you wont get any better performance.

Cool. I decied not to change the manifold, the longer runners of the LS will be just fine on this car since it is a daliy beater, and car will never see reves past 7,000.

I'm looking at maybe getting the stock manifold honed (matters on price) This increases the flow and doent change power curve, like a new mani would.

just pick up a blox manifold. they do a really good job. the only problem is you have to use washers to get the fuel rail right. you cant use the factory spacers

I got a b16 manifold fit on my ls, but decided against it, because I didn't want to reroute the coolant passage. There are good amounts of gains to be had everywhere in the powerband over the stock manifold. the ls manifold is junk, I can actually hear the restrictions at around 6500rpm, and the engine basically stops breathing any more past that point. the stock manifold sucks. Airflow is really limited compared to even the stock 16 manifold. But I'd seriously get a Blox or a skunk2 pro IM over a ported (I believe that is what you meant when you said "honed") stocker. On another note, unless you have already done a bit of headwork, it will make precious little difference what IM you have.

Well this integra is just a beater, that I'm getting tired of driving it stock. So I do want a little more power out of it. But I do not want to change where the Power is made (in the powerband)

I am looking at Cams but only a Cower Stage 1, this Cam adds a little more power but should not change the shape of the Curve. So with that mind frame, I feel the stock LS manifold will serve me better. Same reason why i got a 4-2-1 header, rather than shoping for a 4-1 with a big collector.

The stock LS mani is perfect with its long runners for low end power, but sucks at the top. But I am not racing this thing just driving from light to light, so just want to improve it where i drive it (low rpms). A new mani fold will give more power overall, but hurt my low.

So getting it honed will improve flow of air, but does not change where my power is being made.

Extrudehoning is just a fancy way of porting, but yeah, I get what he is saying. If you want to be cheap and easy, buy a GSR or Type R throttle body, and portmatch the runners and intake ports with a dremel. That will help you out a bit, and it only costs you time and the cost of the throttle body.

Back