Intake Manifold

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

chb504

Hey i'm looking for an intake manifold for my hb with a gsr engine swap. Which brands would you recommend? i was thinking either one from jg edlebrock or skunk 2 thanks a lot for your advice

skunk2 without a doubt. proven performance, and raises the throttle body position to a more normal position like all the other b series engines. all the other manufactures of IM's keep it in the same position.

Originally posted by GSRCRXsi@Jun 12 2003, 09:25 PM
skunk2 without a doubt. proven performance, and raises the throttle body position to a more normal position like all the other b series engines. all the other manufactures of IM's keep it in the same position.

ummmmm, what do you mean?

I was thinking about goin with the skunk 2 because i heard a lot of good things about it...i don't nkow anythin about the jg though....

i vote skunk2, i had one on my B16 i loved it.

Yes the skunk2 is a copy but it depends on your application if shorter runners is for you or not. I still say Skunk2/ITR/CTR unit.

Milan

Originally posted by TypeRcivic+Jun 12 2003, 09:34 PM-->
@Jun 12 2003, 09:25 PM

ummmmm, what do you mean?

have you ever looked at the GSR intake manifold? its throttle body position is about 1-2 inches lower, which is hell trying to run an intake on a swap application. the skunk2 raises it back up and makes running an intake much easier. plus it is a very good manifold with proven power gains.

"the length of the runner has a strong effect on the ammount of air that actually gets into the chamber during the intake valve cycle when the engine is not in boost. . . . Here, it is suffuicient to say that higher speed engines tend toward shorter intake runners. Low-speed and mid-range torque generally shows gains from longer runners. Turbo applications best results with long runners, which provide a braod flat torque curve at low speeds, while the turbo keeps the top end strong."
-corky Bell, p77-78

Back