intake question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

vpower

I have a 91 ef si hatch...I have a jdm b18c type r and was wondering what intake would I use...and do u prefer cai or sri...I was wondering if I use a cai which one would bolt into my ef...thanx ahead of time...

dont go cai they are junk get a short ram for your chassis..you might have to mod it a little bit but maybe not

A DA, thats what I used and it was damn near close to perfect.

I've herd that cai will give you more power but if it's a daily driver I wouldn't advise it because you have a greater chance of sucking water up.

actually cai are bad for vtec..it gives good power up until vtec pops ive seen dyno sheets for a sri and cai and it was proven

Alright so get a sri and does it matter that I have the itr intake manifold???and when replacing my oil filter should I replace the o ring

actually cai are bad for vtec..it gives good power up until vtec pops ive seen dyno sheets for a sri and cai and it was proven
I was reading an article that said the CAI was the way to go with the k20A2 engine and that the SRI produced considerably less power. You said it's been proven that the CAI doesn't do well with Vtec is the iVtec in the K different or what?

i believe in a lot of cases the cold air intake has advantages over the sri. i also believe that dynos can lie a little, since cold air intakes would function better under real driving conditions with more air flow. cold air intakes are proven to make a fatter curve in the power band, which i consider better than a slight increase in peak power. how many people are really revving past 8k everywhere they drive.

sri is all I've ever used myself just because I was always worried of sucking up water

i live in south florida where during the summer it rains pretty much every day. i have had cold air intakes on several different cars over the years, even my fiancees rsx has an injen cold air on it. we have never had a problem. the roads puddle up really bad in super flat florida. if your car is very low then just be careful and dont hit really deep shit.

Back