Intake Questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

KingKamehameha2001

I bought an Injen cold air intake and an AEM air bypass valve thinking that it would work just fine. When I was reading the instructions for the bypass valve, it said that you couldn't use it on other brands. My question is, will it work like it was designed on my injen or should i leave it off. The tube diameters are the same.

Originally posted by brc80@Mar 25 2003, 04:12 PM
I think it should work fine.

:withstupid:

As long as the diameters match up, you'll be fine. An intake is an intake- all the aftermarket ones are just tubes with filters on the end.

Originally posted by KingKamehameha2001@Mar 25 2003, 11:11 PM
When I was reading the instructions for the bypass valve, it said that you couldn't use it on other brands.

That is their way of trying to get you to spend money on their products instead.

Yeah, companies really try to weazle their way into people's pockets these days. Just don't screw up on cutting the tube if the injen cai is one piece.

personally i've never liked the bypass valve because it doesn't actually work unless your entire filter is put in a pool of water. it doesn't work if some of the filter gets wet. because they claim it works due to atmospheric change, and atmospheric change does occur unless the filter is under water.

thats why i went with the Icebox
its tested at 4x the max vacume your engine can create at WOT and it still doesnt suck up water .... only way to make it suck up water is to forge a river at 40mph .... hell this is not "Oregon Trail" :)

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Mar 28 2003, 08:14 PM
thats why i went with the Icebox
its tested at 4x the max vacume your engine can create at WOT and it still doesnt suck up water .... only way to make it suck up water is to forge a river at 40mph .... hell this is not "Oregon Trail" :)

do you mean iceman? and explain how it doesnt suck up water, i mean how its designed so it doesnt.

i think he ment icebox as in comptech icebox. It is like a free flowing air box that looks kinda like OEM

Originally posted by asmallsol@Mar 29 2003, 09:28 PM
i think he ment icebox as in comptech icebox. It is like a free flowing air box that looks kinda like OEM

bingo

234051.jpg
comptech_intake_icebox.jpg

Back