Intake Sucking in water??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

stephbrown_099

I do not know totally how this site works yet BUT I was wondering if anyone can help me with my question or what would maybe be wrong with my car
i have a 05 RSX...
When i am in heavy rainfall or go through a car wash the car will NOT accelerate. At 10km/hr the rpms are at 1000 revving out. it will not let me speed up AT ALL!!
It almost feels like you are going to accelerate and your e-brake is up and it shorts out. My engine light flickers and everything. If i drive the car for a few minutes then it works fine like NOTHING HAPPENED!
THey say it is the intake sucking in water. I have a CAI into the bottom of my bumper BUT it just started doing it now. It didnt do it the 2 years previous it has been on the car.
Would this be the problem OR could it be something else? Dealership or nobody seems to be able to figure it out.
Thanks for your help!!
Steph*

I get shit like that with mine, even still, it has trouble starting after a day of heavy rainfall. But most of my electrical problems so far have been with the dizzy.

It could be the problem, you always have that rick running your CAI near the bottom of your bumper like that, but what is makin me wonder is that you have had it on for two years already and hadnt had the problem. I would see if I can re-route the CAI or take it off for a bit to see if that stops it....if it does, you know that is for sure the problem.

your flooding the filter and sucking water up into the intake manifold, You dont you have a bypass valve on your cai do you? Flashing cel light isnt good, its generally means misfire, so water has probley made it to your spark plugs fouling them out

As t3t4delsol said, what's happening is the filter is getting soaked with water, and not allowing air through. It's saturating the intake air with water, making the car run really rich.

Try making an aluminum shield to protect the filter a bit.

Back