intake swaps

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dragntoys

i have a 91 crx si with a 1.6.. the motor blew so i have a 1.5 out of a 90 crx but it is not fuel injected can i swap intakes and make this motor work in my 91
how hard would it be and what would i have to do if the intakes will switch??
chris

Originally posted by dragntoys@Mar 24 2004, 09:03 PM
i have a 91 crx si with a 1.6.. the motor blew so i have a 1.5 out of a 90 crx but it is not fuel injected can i swap intakes and make this motor work in my 91
how hard would it be and what would i have to do if the intakes will switch??
chris

So what is it carbeurated? I dont think there was a carbed 90 crx. maybe u mean DPFI, insted of MPFI. If thats the case, It might, just put the motor in, and see if it fits, otherwise, put the airfilter on the end of the intake plenum(ghetto rig till u get a new intake for dpfi crx), and order the new one.

If you swap intakes, you have to do the dpfi to mpfi. Just search that on the web. You can also do a minime swap. search,search,search! good luck :thumbsup: Also, that isnt a carb., its a throttlebody. There are 2 injectors on the front. One should be brown and one green.

thats i wasnt sure, he said it wasnt fuel injected, and other than fuel injected there is carbeurated.

Its hard to understand what he is asking but if he has a 91 crx si and put the 1.5 liter d series in it the mpfi will bolt right up and he will have to use the si distributor. No need to do an mpfi swap since the si already is mpfi. I dont think the 1.5 is carburated, its probably dpfi.

Im planning on doing something similar to this, so here's my thoughts. You'll need a new Intake Manifold Gasket, get one for the SI intake manifold. Then bolt it on. then bolt up your SI distributor and your are done.

<_< Ok, I guess nobody read his question. YES! You can use the 1.5 motor to replace your blown 1.6 motor. Just swap the manifolds and distributor and everything is exactly the same!

thanks guys putting my motor in tomarrow found a 90 crx hf with a blown motor the guy wants 300.00 for it i have a b18b1 sitting in the garage but didnt know how much trouble it would be to wire up and by the way what the heck is a dizzy??
chris :D

Back