Intake ?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sloazcrx

When ordering an intake for a 91 CRX with a 90 ls swap should I order for the car or the motor. I'm thinking for the car but I'm not really sure.

Sorry for the noob ?.

Originally posted by xyswany@Oct 29 2003, 07:26 PM
no. you order it for the CAR. otherwise your intake will have the wrong bends.

That's what I thought but just wanted to make sure! Thanks.

this is another example why i want idiots :ban: ed
Don't post a reply unless you're correct and you know you're correct.

Does anyone want to post what kind of intakes they are using in their cars. I'm trying to find one and I don't really want AEM. I was thinking of the Comptech IceBox but it doesn't seem as though they make it for a CRX.

im using a K&N short ram (FIPK series) on my crx. i made a custom heatshield and cut a hole inthe front of my resonator box. i also fashioned a sort of air scoop at the hole so air gets rammed up into where the filter is. it works pretty good! there is also a filter keeping durt and dust from getting into the engine bay.

i also cut out the top of my intake filter and siliconed on a round piece of a purolator paper filter. its been cleaned several times and its still holding up...and the extra filter area made a noticeable difference!

one other thing...i wrapped the aluminum part of my intake to keep the temp of the air inside nice and cool. my intake uses the stock plastic piping which is good too cause it doesnt transfer engine heat into the tube. thats why the icebox is made of plastic.

the problem is when you have a GSR swap since the TB sits lower than all other B series TB's.

for your application go with the Car.

Originally posted by JDMilan@Oct 30 2003, 06:44 PM
the problem is when you have a GSR swap since the TB sits lower than all other B series TB's.

for your application go with the Car.

werd, with the gsr engine in my crx there was basically NO intake made to fit my car. and even more so since i havent moved the battery to the back. si i bought the intake for the GSR and cut it up and made it fit.

I bought my AEM cold air off a guy that was gonna put it on his GSR engine that was in a crx becuase it didn't fit. What GSRCRXSi makes sense though, either way i see your gonna need to do cutting.

if you give dimensions and angles to JCWhitney, they will custom bend and cut the aluminum piping for you. they dont charge much either...and you can get it in different anodized colors. you can probably have them make the piping for a cold air intake for cheap.

Back