Intakes- AEM V2 vs Injen?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

2fast4uB20

Just wandering if the AEM V2 or the Injen Race Division intakes are really worth the money? Does anyone know from personal experience or compared intakes on their cars to see if these intakes are "so much better" than others like they are advertised to be? Second, if these two intakes are better than all of the rest, which one of these two is better? Personally i dont really want to spend around $250 for an intake and was wandering if buying a cheap cold air intake and then putting a better filter, like a K&N or something, on it would make close to the same power? Any help would be appreciated.

it's literally all the same shit.

I just bought a generic Si intake, got a used blitz filter, all for 100 bucks. So it's really up to you, if you want to spend 200+ on a CAI that will gain pretty much the same as a generic one, then go for it.

I bought an AEM cold air intake for $160.00 with a K&N filter (the front rubber part of the filter says "AEM" but i am pretty sure it is made by K&N) I love it and i can actually hear the air being sucked in. Also, when VTEC kicks in it sounds like your engine is in your lap (just ask revolution8K :)) Anyway, I am sure the V2 intake is for the people out there who have so much money that they burn it in their stove in the winter to stay warm :lol:
Like all the other overpriced shit out there that do the exact same thing as the cheaper stuff.
IMO i would just do what JDMilan suggested and go the cheaper route, they all do the same thing.

its all about how much you want to spend for the sound of it.

I bought my Injen because it was on sale for 180. Sounds frikken amazing too.

go to www.aempower.com and read about the v2 intake and it tells you why it is better than the normal aem cai. And also look at the video description of it. And read about hybrid intakes too. An aem hybrid intake is an intake especially made for a swap... for example a b16a into a 2nd gen crx. It is the only cold air intake available for the swap. The diameter of the tubing is also 3 inches not the normal (around) 2.5 inches. And go to prostreetonline.com for the best price. Beleive me i have looked. They give free shipping that is why it is so cheap. And you can pick up one of the hybrids for like 200 bucks. But the thing is aem isnt going to test them for numbers or gaurentee(sp.) any gains. They just want to make availabe a 3inch cai made for swaps. Interesting stuff though. And again you get what you pay for. But that is my .02

do yourself a favor......buy some generic shit CAI, then buy a replica metal mesh filter

best of both worlds

i bought some really really cheap CAI...a pipe is a pipe...my sounds the same if not better than my friend who has an injen CAI

Dont get generic. Get AEM. AEM does studies to get the most airflow out of your intake. a little bent that's not necessary will slow down the velocity of the air charge. But replace the filter with a RS-Akimoto(very good air filter)

Just make sure you get a decent filter and decent sized tubing, like 3 inch or so. I have an AEM CAI, and it works, and I like the way it looks. It also has a CARB EO # on it, so if you are in CA, get one that has been CARB certified. If not, an extra horsepower at the cost of like 100 bucks is not really worth it.

If you really want to spend money on an intake, go generic piping, k&n filter and a comptec icebox. Short ram throttle response with the cold air supply of the cai. sounds soo sweet

Huh? then you are just building a slightly less restrictive OEM style airbox out of non OEM equipment. If you wanna do that, forget all the other stuff, just buy a k&n filter.

not really, gains wit the ice box are pretty good compared to the cai. You have the throttle response and high end power band of the short ram but with the help of a cold air source of the cai.

buy an Ebay pipe+ k&n filter. the ones that almost all intakes(except AEM and a couple others) come with are poor quality.

whats the name of that big ass fat short ram intake??? kinda looks like it was designed by a fat crackhead??

I actually made that one, for the first gen b16, but later decided to try out another generic type.

anyways, I put my .02 cents into this, even after all the years of experience.

so, have at it guys.

Back