Intakes

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

flydex28

How easy is it to make your own intake?...this sounds like a good project for me but i'm still trying to decide if the cold air intake is even worth it. Im worried about sucking water up or something.

an ebay special will probably flow better b/c they're usually exact copies of AEM or other intakes that have been specially designed for ideal velocity.

Quoted post[/post]]
an ebay special will probably flow better b/c they're usually exact copies of AEM or other intakes that have been specially designed for ideal velocity.

Hmm thats a good idea. Maybe I'll just do that. Any body have any problem with water. Im paranoid about sucking up water living on the oregon coast and all.

If you're worried about sucking up water, get a good K&N filter and just avoid huge puddles. Driving through heavy rain, or even moderate puddles won't cause you to hydrolock - but if the filter even has a chance to be half-submerged, forget it.

short ram intake
stock air box (or integra air box)
stock replacement flat K&N filter (or the stock replacement cone K&N filter for the integra box)
remove the resonator assembly
fab up a snorkel to go into the lower front fender area that a CAI would normally sit

there ya go... home made "ice box" (comptech) intake
all the benefits of a cold air... all the throttle response of a short ram and none of the worries about sucking up water

:thumbsup:

AEM air bypass setup, puts another air filter higher up in your intake tube. Prevents your intake from sucking up water by giving an alternate route of air. Take it from a pool boy, if air can get into a tube it wont pull water.

^ The aem bypass valve turns a CAI back into a HAI.

Just get the hot air intake - it safer/ the CAI isnt much better.

Back