Integ help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

HI, i have a friend that has a 1990 intergra ls. He got the car 1 month ago and ran fine except for the temp sensor that kicks on the fans. He took the car to a tunex shop and had them try to fix it, now the ac fan is on all the time but the car now is throwing codes 6 and 7 or 67 and has idling issues and wont rev up at times. The tach seems to be original along with the motor (b18b1), but when idling the tach reads olmost at 0. It doesn't seem like its idling that low, but it still reads the same untill it gets a little throttle. The tps sensor has been changed and adjusted, but still has same problem. Does the integ have a crank position sensor?, and if so where is it located? Any input would be helpfull. Thanks.

Here are what the codes mean if it helps. 6(electronic coolant tempurature sensor unplugged or defective, 7(throttle position sensor unplugged or defective). These could relate to the problems your friend is having.

Na! DA dont have Crank Position censor. Try changing the thermostat and reset the ECU, and also bleed the engine coolant its verry important. Wen you dont bleed the system it has wierd idleing, code 6 ECT, can come up and your can wont rev up good. So bleed the engine and take all the air out...... i hope you can understand me ^_^

Back