integra axle question b16 crx

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

wickedplastikman

well, new motor installed and i am still having axle problems. i have a jdm b16 in my crx si. the axle is binding on me and i am pretty sure it is because it is to long. i just found out that i have to pop a ring out of the hub but am not sure if this will be enough space to free up the binding.

i have a 91 teg halfshaft and a 91 teg axle. btw, this is for the drivers side.

i heard that the 86-89 integra axles are shorter. how much shorter are these axles compared to the 90-93 axles?

Have you considered using the axles from a VTEC del sol? I don't have an answer to your question concerning the integra axles.

no i haven't. del sols are kind of hard to come by these days at yards. i have never heard of using del sol axles for a crx. will this work? i dont really feel like being the pioneer. i just want my car back.

Not to sound stupid, but why would you go to a junkyard to find axles? You buy them at the auto parts shop just like everybody else, then you don't have to go to the trouble of rebuilding them. I am not sure if they will fit, but the sol is a little skinnier than the teggy, so I'm sure they'd fit better if they do fit.

Back