integra..b16...wiring

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i couldnt find anything on this so i think i will just ask.. this is gunna sound retard but im doing a jdm b16a swap into an automatic integra and i know the vtec wires go straight to ecu and you have to pin them. but my friend said all you need to do is find the wires your looking for and cut them and but connect you vtec wires? would this even work?

i couldnt find anything on this so i think i will just ask.. this is gunna sound retard but im doing a jdm b16a swap into an automatic integra and i know the vtec wires go straight to ecu and you have to pin them. but my friend said all you need to do is find the wires your looking for and cut them and but connect you vtec wires? would this even work?
if there were wires there already, they would most likely already have a use - you need to add 5 wires and most of them go to an empty hole in the ECU connectors - if there were wires (not being used for something else) then, yes, you could cut them and splice the new wire onto them - you would want to solder the wires together and cover the splice with shrink wrap tubing or electrical tape - butt connectors are not a good idea at any time

Back