1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

integra..b16...wiring

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by 14 sec. windstar, Jun 11, 2007.

1. 14 sec. windstar

14 sec. windstar New Member

i couldnt find anything on this so i think i will just ask.. this is gunna sound retard but im doing a jdm b16a swap into an automatic integra and i know the vtec wires go straight to ecu and you have to pin them. but my friend said all you need to do is find the wires your looking for and cut them and but connect you vtec wires? would this even work?

2. jlicrx

jlicrx Senior Member

if there were wires there already, they would most likely already have a use - you need to add 5 wires and most of them go to an empty hole in the ECU connectors - if there were wires (not being used for something else) then, yes, you could cut them and splice the new wire onto them - you would want to solder the wires together and cover the splice with shrink wrap tubing or electrical tape - butt connectors are not a good idea at any time

3. 14 sec. windstar

so if my car didnt have vtec and now it does with a new ecu the wires that go there shouldnt be in use right?

4. 14 sec. windstar

or just empty spaces in my stock plug?

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted