Integra B20b build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Braylon

My 98 Integra ls has a stock B20b in it and I’m trying to get it to about 280-300hp with a turbo. It’s my first build and I don’t know a lot yet so I’m trying to find detailed instructions on how to reach my goal reliably while spending the least amount of money possible. I’m still considering a k24 swap but I was thinking maybe I could reach my goal for cheaper by dropping some money on the b20b block and building that instead.

You can achieve 275-300 whp without doing too much to the bottom end. The real issue is how reliable do you want it to be?

doing some bolt ons and a homemade/piecemeal turbo kit on the b20 will probably yield more and cost less.
the k24 would be 'stock' and 100% reliable, but probably cost a bit more all said and done.

Is it a daily driver or a weekend toy?

You can achieve 275-300 whp without doing too much to the bottom end. The real issue is how reliable do you want it to be?

doing some bolt ons and a homemade/piecemeal turbo kit on the b20 will probably yield more and cost less.
the k24 would be 'stock' and 100% reliable, but probably cost a bit more all said and done.

Is it a daily driver or a weekend toy?
I definitely wanna keep it as my daily that’s the main issue I don’t wanna risk blowing up my b20

Detailed instructions- there's tons of legacy B swap info on the forum. Search for how to do a non-VTEC B series swap (B18, B20), then start reading about turbo systems and put one together or buy one used with a decent turbo, then put it all together and give it a conservative tune.

Back