Integra boosting advice

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BrosufBooster

I just got a 94 Integra with an LS Turbo boostin 6psi right now. I have things in the works right now to build my internals once i get the cash for it. What i want to know is what is a descent level of boost i can run without blowing it up? I am getting my yearly tune done and i wanted to push it up to 10 psi and install a boost controller but i dont want to blow it up. I have all the support i need under the hood i.e injectors, fuel regulator, hondata 300, intercooler, good fuel etc. Any insight would help? My ride is a beast right now but i want more!!!:D

tuned properly, you should be able to go a little more.

the psi means nothing... as it varies per turbo.

try to keep it under/around 250whp.
thats safe for a stock ls (tuned properly of course).
300 pushes the limits of the stock rod bolts. It MAY hold there for a long time.... it MAY break a rod on the first pull. so to be safe, keep it around 250 ish, regardless of what psi it takes to get you there.

Sweet. I am right around 225 right now. It sounds like i should just hold off and not push it too far til i get the internals built for it. i dont feel like getting another motor right now. I already have a hard enough time keeping traction through first and second gear... :rolleyes:

yeah, i dont see why not. but if you are gonna go through the trouble of replacing the rod bolts you might as well upgrade everything else. cause once you push 300 hp you are putting alot more pressure through everything else. I would just build the internals all at once to save labor overlap... plus once you do that your done! unless you plan on running more than 18 psi then you have to start thingking about sending you block out for re sleeving

this guy is doing 18 on a gt30r turbo stock ls motor...has has it for 2 years

Yeah that may be true. But it all depends on what Hp he is at pushin 18 psi. My turbo package on my ride at 18psi would throw me over 400 Hp at least probably closer to 450. that is with no drivetrain work or cams

Back