integra cluster swap w/ pics

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

YouKnowWhoIBee

my avatar is better.
Well saturday night me and ian (gsrcrxsi) decided to put an integra cluster into my 5th gen hatch.
car001.jpg

We started at 1a.m. and didnt finish up till almost 5:30a.m. Mostly we didnt stop working. Ian basically did all the work but i was like his bitch giving him the tools he needed. We used the hell out of this thread from hondtech. http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1053318
But all the materials that i needed were
1. cluster (free from jimboburgess)
2. integra wiring harness (free from ian)
3. solder
4. heat shrink tubing (this is the shit)
Alot of time was invested and i spent a total of 12 bucks worth of materials and 10 bucks for mcdonalds breakfast. I finished trimming the dash bezel in the morning and it turned out pretty good. The only thing i had to do is place foam in the bezel to cover up the big gap left over.
car005.jpg

car006.jpg

car007.jpg

The last pic is a little blurry but it just shows the foam i used to cover the gap on the bottom of the cluster. It makes the 5th gen civic's dash look alittle more modern. I am not all about speed with my car but functionality and gas milage. Thanks for looking :)

lmao that trip to McDonald's was fun

[Joe 5:30am in McD's drivethrough]"do you guys have breakfast?"

i still think you should trim up that cover more, and take that slant out :)

when i explained it to you i do think you got it because you werre half asleep:) ... I would have to cut the front of the bezel... So basically reshaping it just to fix the slant. It kind of seems like how the s2000 guage cluster is slanted. But i dont wanna cut weird angles to decrease the slant.

Quoted post[/post]]
i still think you should trim up that cover more, and take that slant out :)
just did a little research and i would have to trim the bezel to basically nothing.
trimmedoff.JPG

Then it would fit but i am alittle aprehensive about leaving it like that. I am fine with the way it turned out. But if i cut the bezel it looks good but...
done.JPG

i still dont like how it is exposed. :cry:

MAD T1T3 CB H0ld3r!

[YouKnowWhoIBeeonaceebee]
Breaker 1-9 breaker 1-9.. Bandit!! I got a smokey knockin' on my back door.. Come back..
[/YouKnowWhoIBeeonaceebee]

uhh... thats not my car in the last 2 pictures. My car is with the tach that goes to 8k. And i was using the last 2 pictures as a reference to trimming the bezel... notice the 10k tach? or the lack of bezel, or the lack of a cd player in the last 2 pictures?

Back