integra cutting out at 5800 rpm

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

briansteffen

the car a 94 dc2 with a ls motor. wiring is pretty hacked and none of the gauges work. we installed a aftermarket rpm gauge and it appears to be cutting out at 5800rpm. It sounds like it is hitting a rev limiter. I believe it has the stock ls ecu. Got the car for free I didn't install the engine myself. Anyone have an idea to why its cutting out early?

the car a 94 dc2 with a ls motor. wiring is pretty hacked and none of the gauges work. we installed a aftermarket rpm gauge and it appears to be cutting out at 5800rpm. It sounds like it is hitting a rev limiter. I believe it has the stock ls ecu. Got the car for free I didn't install the engine myself. Anyone have an idea to why its cutting out early?

Check for sure if it's the stock ls ecu. If it is it should say p75 on the case. Sounds like the thing was really hacked. Look for wires that don't look factory and trace them to their source. Also, some of the plugs look the same and are easily interchanged by mistake.

yeah it was really hacked, we had to wire in blinkers just to get it on the road. I will have my brother check the ecu when he gets home. I will try to get a pic of the car up we did a lot of work to it.
moz-screenshot-3.jpg
we painted it ourselves.
5690_1145456289019_1605896077_30383285_5034509_n.jpg
moz-screenshot-2.jpg
moz-screenshot-1.jpg

I found out that it has a p05 which is out of a 92-95 civic i believe so I need a p75 and you think that should solve the problem then.

oooh yea def get that P75, the P05 like u said is for a civic single cam...p75 is cheap chekk out craigslist they always have em....cheap too

Back