integra db6 engin

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lmao... dude, go to altavista and use the free translator, or spell check or something, ANYTHING...

i honestly have no idea what you're saying but i can understand you have a question about the block...

B series motors are readily interchangeable...

for example: you can bolt a vtec B16head on a nonvtec B18 block, or a non vtec B20 crv block...
these are called frankenstein motors...
there are steps that need to be taken to mate the vtec head to the B20 block but it can be done... and you get both the good aspects from vtec, and from larger displacement...

D series swaps with D series
and B series swaps with B series...

you could use the z6, or y8 SOHC vtec heads on a D series block ie: the D16...

but you cannot use a B series head on a D series block...

so what are you gonna go with?

do you understand the ecu and wiring changes that need to be made for the motor to reach full potential?

you going with a D series head swap? or a B series motor swap?

yes, you will need something to engage vtec...

options would be a P28 computer (i advise this route) or you could get a VAFC, which means Vtec Air Fuel Controller

you'll need to run the additional wires for vtec to work properly...

search on here, or anywhere actually for mini-me writeups, the mini-me head swap has been covered many times...

good luck

ok, open your hood, right where the block meets the trans there is a small block stamping that says D16a6, or D16z6, or d16a8, or d16a9

you can NOT, and i repeat NOT mate dohc heads to sohc blocks, and you cannot, mate sohc heads to dohc blocks...

do you have a sohc or dohc?

i thought the d16a8 is non vtec dohc pushing close to 140 hp...

well is it sohc or dohc...

if i am correct you have a 140 hp dohc d16a8...

if you get a swap i would gladly take this motor off your hands...

the rumored ZC/D16A8... it will be mine... ooh it will be mine... muhahahahaha :)

Originally posted by reckedracing@Apr 11 2005, 05:20 PM
well is it sohc or dohc...

if i am correct you have a 140 hp dohc d16a8...

if you get a swap i would gladly take this motor off your hands...

the rumored ZC/D16A8... it will be mine... ooh it will be mine... muhahahahaha :)
[post=485818]Quoted post[/post]​
well what i have looked up it says its a dohc i went onto honda zc and looked it up it said its a 4cyl 16valve dohc non vtec duy looking at what your saying i should keep it hahahaha:)

dude, just look under the hood, you can clearly see whether it has one cam or two
if it has 2 the spark plugs wires are right in the middle of the valve cover with a cam on either side, and 2 cam gears...
if its sohc you plugs will be to the front or the back, but not in the middle...

and yea, if you have a d16a8 i would recommend keeping that motor and looking into adding a d series turbo kit...

the a8/a9's are quite rare...

Originally posted by reckedracing@Apr 11 2005, 06:21 PM
dude, just look under the hood, you can clearly see whether it has one cam or two
if it has 2 the spark plugs wires are right in the middle of the valve cover with a cam on either side, and 2 cam gears...
if its sohc you plugs will be to the front or the back, but not in the middle...

and yea, if you have a d16a8 i would recommend keeping that motor and looking into adding a d series turbo kit...

[post=485837]Quoted post[/post]​
i have a 1.6 sohc integra automatic cant aford to change the engine to a manuail just yet as there is to much work to it.is there aney other way to get a bit more power out of it without geting a turbo have up graded air filter and exhaust

Get a header and some nitrous- beyond that, you're looking at forced induction or tearing into the engine to change out parts, and both take a good size investment.

Originally posted by reckedracing@Apr 11 2005, 06:21 PM

[post=485837]Quoted post[/post]​

its an sohc 1.6 zc motor automatic transmition.cant aford an engine change at the minet as there is far to much work to change it to a manuail transmition with the choice of engine i want.is there aney other way of geting a bit more power out of the standerd engine.turbo is just to much cash over hear.have changed the air filter and have a hole new exhaust sistem

Originally posted by aidan+Apr 30 2005, 05:48 AM-->
its an sohc 1.6 zc motor automatic transmition.cant aford an engine change at the minet as there is far to much work to change it to a manuail transmition with the choice of engine i want.is there aney other way of geting a bit more power out of the standerd engine.turbo is just to much cash over hear.have changed the air filter and have a hole new exhaust sistem
[post=493349]Quoted post[/post]​

I guess you didn't read my post...

Calesta
@Apr 29 2005, 07:51 PM
Get a header and some nitrous- beyond that, you're looking at forced induction or tearing into the engine to change out parts, and both take a good size investment.
[post=493246]Quoted post[/post]​

:roll:

Back