Integra DC2 DIYs complete. Check'em out.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BrutalB83

Brutal Moderator
VIP
These write-ups are awesome man! Keep it up! :thumbsup:

Maybe somebody could sticky these? Or at least sticky a link to his site in the reference section?

Hey guys, I actually have a question about torque on my oil pan bolts (2000 Integra LS). I changed my gasket about a week ago and I used that Indian Head gasket sealer on both sides of the gasket. I didn't have the spec on the bolts at the time so I pretty much tightened them snug all around, but now I know they need to be 106 in lbs. Well, my oil is leaking out again, so do you guys think I should go without the gasket sealer? I have a feeling that that's whats causing the leak. It's a rubber Felpro gasket.

Hey guys, I actually have a question about torque on my oil pan bolts (2000 Integra LS). I changed my gasket about a week ago and I used that Indian Head gasket sealer on both sides of the gasket. I didn't have the spec on the bolts at the time so I pretty much tightened them snug all around, but now I know they need to be 106 in lbs. Well, my oil is leaking out again, so do you guys think I should go without the gasket sealer? I have a feeling that that's whats causing the leak. It's a rubber Felpro gasket.

Never use sealant on the pan gasket unless it specifically says to. Always finger tighten in order, then torque in order.

Back