integra engine to exhaust problems

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civic_d16z6

1) how many o2 sensors does a 96 integra ls have?
2)does anyone have a pic of where to connect it?
3)And I have 3 bolts sticking out of the engine where the headers connect and there bent in diffrent directions, Im not sure whether to try to fix them or replace them either way how would I go about doing that?:confused:

thank you

1) A 96 integra should have 2 o2 sensors.
2) Connect it where? If you are asking where the o2 sensors are mounted, one is mounted just before the catalytic convertor, and the other is mounted after the cat. If you are asking about electrical connections, they are harnesses near where the sensors are physically located, and the wires are ultimately run back into the main harness.
3)You can by new studs for the exhaust manifold, they are cheap...just go down to the auto parts store.

I assumed you have a 96 integra, but your username suggests otherwise...

Well I had a civic which I sold and moved up to a 96 ls, but the thing is I got it from an auction and it was missing the headers and collector (i think thats what its called) I got myself a pair of stock headers and the collecter with one sensor, and since Im a noob I have no idea where it connects and also didnt check behind the cat for the other sensor. Also is there like a tool I can use or something to get the bolts unscrewed from the engine?

They are studs, but there is not tool for getting them out as far as I know. You have to get two of the nuts that fasten the header to the engine, and tighten them down on each other, and then use the nut on the inside to loosen the stud. I made a little diagram for you. You want to tighten the green nut down on the red nut somewhere in the middle of the stud, and then loosen the stud out of the head using the red nut. Hope it helps.

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    5.5 KB · Views: 240
Thanks, so I checked under my integra and their is one o2 sensor coming out after the cat but do you know where the o2 sensor coming out of the collector connects to?

Back