Integra from a key to a push button start?????

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

rlmotors

I have a 96 LS integra that I want to do away with the key and make it a push button start. I need to wire up one flip switch (on and off) and a push button, but I do not know what wires to run where. Can some one tell me which wires are which? The car I have was a stolen theft recovery and the switch is all the way down to the round plastic piece that you crank with a screw driver and all the wires are intacked from there. Thanks

well with a setup like that it will be twice as easy to steal the second time,,but just start touching wires together untill the car starts and then you will know witch wires for the button lol

The car is a circle track race car and will set inside a garage. So i am not worried about anyone stealing it because they want make it 2 minutes down the road looking like a race car. Now if I start touching wires will it not start blowing fuses too?

well i was kinda pickin at ya about that its 50-50 so let me try to find a chart and ill let you know i do know that it should be the thickest wires there

The car is a circle track race car and will set inside a garage. So i am not worried about anyone stealing it because they want make it 2 minutes down the road looking like a race car. Now if I start touching wires will it not start blowing fuses too?

Just because it looks like a race car doesn't mean someone won't steal it.
A few months ago, two Stock cars were stolen(different occaisions, but they look like Nascars). These are FULL race cars, cage, stickers, etc. Noone ever found out what happend to them.

If you're set on putting the push start, just take the starter wire from the back of the ignition switch.

Go get a push button starter from AutoZone or some shit. The button will have a spot for 2 wires. Run a wire from the starter and a wire from the starter solinoid. run both to the button and when you push the button it will make the contacts for both wires to touch and BAM, your car starts. Just remember that the ignition has to be in the ON position so the fuel pump turns on.

Go get a push button starter from AutoZone or some shit. The button will have a spot for 2 wires. Run a wire from the starter and a wire from the starter solinoid. run both to the button and when you push the button it will make the contacts for both wires to touch and BAM, your car starts. Just remember that the ignition has to be in the ON position so the fuel pump turns on.

werd, and thats what you wire to a toggle switch.

Okay the black and the white are for the starter right. If that is so which one turns the fuel pump on and gives the rest of the car power? Some one correct me if I am wrong. Thanks

Yeah It's more than just 2 wires. The car has accessory power as well. (not sure how much of it is being used in a race car). You definitely need to find a wiring diagram if you don't wanna trace the wires.

I am only using the wires to make the car start up and for the computer and the fans to function. I am using the factory harness. My car does not have any ABS, airbag, radio or anything like that. Do you know where I can see a diagram on this subject.

Back