integra gsr

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

MarkJimenez99

i have 00 gsr ii have headers intake exhaust what else can i do to add more power not so expensive

ok ill get the bashing over with

its header not headers :blah:
jerkit.gif

ok now onto the actual question.... what brand/model header intake and exhaust are you currently running???

what are you looking to do with the car???
what are your feelings on nitrous???
do you ever plan to go turbo???

i have 4-2-1 header dc sports aem short ram intake and 5zigen fireball exhaust what can i do to add more power i dont wanna spend money like buying turbo or supercharger what bolt ons

did you get new piping from the header back when you had your muffler put on....
that and a high flow cat could free up some power.... also, as stated above, you shouldnt rule out a moderate dose of nitrous

comptech ice box
any 4-1 header with a 2.5 inch collector
your current exhaust is fine.

suggestions
convert to odb1
skunk2 intake manny
cam gears with cams

throtle body and Skunk 2 IM,

some Skunk2 cams/jest upgrade thevalve train,

and put a stage2 cluch,

what kind of wheels you got?

and tires?

Sell the short ram intake and and get a CAI or something. Thats why HONDA!! (YES HONDA!) puts their intakes down low to suck cool air. Not to suck hot engine air :D

it depends, if you will change the cams you will basicly increase the intake and exhaust, so you need more air flow, so jest get a IM you allready have the header,

and people please somebody explain to him what's a throtle body,
....I can't really explain it, but the thing which opens when you press gas, that's a throtle body, so jest get a bigger one,

I think the IM with another cams will give you about 10-15 hp. if you doin'g it all motor, but if you are sprain' or boostin' expect even more...

....ok I have a GSR my self, and this are the things I plan to do,because I knew a guy who had all this things I told you about and a header and full exhaust, some pulleys ( yeah the pulleys on a B series can add up from 5-7hp) some cams, cam gears, so his quarter was high to mid 13 wich is not bad at all for all motor GSR in a Integra wrapper, and yah don't forget about the Cluch, and some more fuel....

so basicly all the bolt ons you can think of,

Originally posted by EdrikLongtail@Dec 26 2003, 10:10 PM
Sell the short ram intake and and get a CAI or something. Thats why HONDA!! (YES HONDA!) puts their intakes down low to suck cool air. Not to suck hot engine air :D

tard

Originally posted by Sergey P.A.@Dec 26 2003, 10:14 PM
and get a cold air intake,

tard, short ram and cold-air on the dyno makes very lttle difference. It's all about pipe diameter and how it bends and what it's made of. Hell on a 40 intake dyno test the short ram won...

Originally posted by theB16tegguy+Dec 26 2003, 11:07 PM-->
EdrikLongtail
@Dec 26 2003, 10:10 PM

tard

Wow that was incredibly helpful. You do realize that does help, don't you? cold air is better for an engine...

Originally posted by theB16tegguy@Dec 26 2003, 11:16 PM
no actually it's not. Unless you can prove to me. And I CAN prove to you.

Ok cold air is dense...therefore you can pack more into a given volume. which is why you intercool compressed air. whats so hard to understand about that?

NO SHIT?? REALLY?? but cold air and ram air on the dyno do jack when switched around. And compressed air is tottally different than atmospheric air.

Originally posted by theB16tegguy@Dec 26 2003, 11:19 PM
NO SHIT?? REALLY?? but cold air and ram air on the dyno do jack when switched around. And compressed air is tottally different than atmospheric air.

Yeah they do jack shit on the dyno but when the car is actually moving a ram air will help, even in the slightest. Atmospheric air is still air...and when it's compressed it's heated. Sucking in 70 degree atmospheric air and compressing it will result in less air molecules per square inch, now if you suck in 30 degree air you're actually sucking in MORE molecules per square inch...

when you mix a cold air intake/ram air with mods such as a cam, ported intake, etc you'll gain some power. Especially during the winter time.

Back