Integra LS swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

91civicsiracer

Hey, Im back again. I am buying an integra LS motor and I was wondering what kind of mounts were needed to do the swap, also how much trouble is it to swap a vtec head onto one, I have the SI wiring harness but there are more sensors on the ls motor than what I have so I guess I have to use the Integra harness. I found a sucker willing to buy my motor, tranny, axles, wiring harness, and ecu for 650, enough to do the swap! Im even thinkin about letting the nology hotwires go with it, Im not sure that they fit the LS.

Originally posted by 91civicsiracer@Oct 7 2004, 03:41 PM
Hey, Im back again. I am buying an integra LS motor and I was wondering what kind of mounts were needed to do the swap, also how much trouble is it to swap a vtec head onto one, I have the SI wiring harness but there are more sensors on the ls motor than what I have so I guess I have to use the Integra harness. I found a sucker willing to buy my motor, tranny, axles, wiring harness, and ecu for 650, enough to do the swap! Im even thinkin about letting the nology hotwires go with it, Im not sure that they fit the LS.
[post=399588]Quoted post[/post]​

hey i have that swap in my 91 rex i made a convrsion harness out of my dpfi harness and i worked pretty good but im swapping all the wiriing out for s wiring so the carwill then become an si haha as far as mounts go you can go buy those expensive ass mounts from hasport but i youd rather not spend more mone on mounts than motor go with place racing, i got my mounts from them and they kick ass, once installed the motor is impossible to move by hand so you know its tight and nor going anywhere, i really feel they are the best mounts for the money and they were only 200 bucks shpped. thye dont look to shabby either. lemme know what ele youll need and let me know if that teg harness fitsup to the honda harness as im gonna make mine soon and need to know what harness i better
lateer
Ryan in riverside

hey i have that swap in my 91 rex i made a convrsion harness out of my dpfi harness and i worked pretty good but im swapping all the wiriing out for s wiring so the carwill then become an si haha as far as mounts go you can go buy those expensive ass mounts from hasport but i youd rather not spend more mone on mounts than motor go with place racing, i got my mounts from them and they kick ass, once installed the motor is impossible to move by hand so you know its tight and nor going anywhere, i really feel they are the best mounts for the money and they were only 200 bucks shpped. thye dont look to shabby either. lemme know what ele youll need and let me know if that teg harness fitsup to the honda harness as im gonna make mine soon and need to know what harness i better
lateer
Ryan in riverside
[post=399699]Quoted post[/post]​
[/quote]

Well I figured that I would just use the teg wiring harness and all the teg sensors since the guy has the whole car just sitting there and I think that it would probably be easier than doing a conversion harness. Come to find out the guy has the Place Racing mounts to do the swap as well so no need to worry about that. I just want to know how much trouble it is to do the frankenstein motor conversion and if its really worth it.

lateer
Ryan in riverside
[post=399699]Quoted post[/post]​

Well I figured that I would just use the teg wiring harness and all the teg sensors since the guy has the whole car just sitting there and I think that it would probably be easier than doing a conversion harness. Come to find out the guy has the Place Racing mounts to do the swap as well so no need to worry about that. I just want to know how much trouble it is to do the frankenstein motor conversion and if its really worth it.
[post=400083]Quoted post[/post]​
[/quote]
well if your talkin ls-vtec its not hard at all ust remeber that just because you have a vtec head dosent mean that you have a vtec motor ,you can spin 8500 rpm on an ls block in stock confirguration, as long as you remember that youll be fine. or you could just put stronger internals and go crazy haha.
Ryan in Riverside

Originally posted by 91civicsiracer@Oct 10 2004, 08:44 PM
Can anyone tell me the specs for the LS vtec. Im lazy and dont feel like looking it up.
[post=400947]Quoted post[/post]​

I'm lazy and don't feel like telling you. :p

Seriously, there are no specs on an LS/VTEC build. Every single one is different, because they're all custom setups. The specs depend on what parts you put into the engine.

Originally posted by Calesta+Oct 10 2004, 10:28 PM-->
91civicsiracer
@Oct 10 2004, 08:44 PM
Can anyone tell me the specs for the LS vtec. Im lazy and dont feel like looking it up.
[post=400947]Quoted post[/post]​

I'm lazy and don't feel like telling you. :p

Seriously, there are no specs on an LS/VTEC build. Every single one is different, because they're all custom setups. The specs depend on what parts you put into the engine.
[post=400970]Quoted post[/post]​

dont get cheap on that build up tho, thats the killer of most ls/vtecs do it right and you can never go wrong
ryan in riverside

So, basically what I need to do is rebuild the bottom end on the LS block? I just wanted to know how much hp that they make on average. say with maybe 11:1 ratio pistons. I saw a stroker kit for them that makes it a 2.0, would anyone reccomend doing something like that? I kinda figured that Id have to rebuild the bottom end because the vtec head redlines quite a bit higher than the ls internals were designed for. Anyways, if I built the bottom end what kind of rpms could I be pullin out of the motor? Thanks for all the help so far guys

as for buliding it. the lsv has a higher compersion then a gsr. The red line going to be what ever ecu you use. The heads were you wanna work if your worried about reving. Valves and springs. If your willing to build the bottem end. A good set of rods and pistons and a block guard is about all you really need. Ive seen all stock lsv boost close to 400 with good tunes. Then Ive seen 600 hp all built lsv melt pistons due to bad tunes! So take your time!

Back