Integra LS vs Integra RS

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

JDMH22Integra

I see that the RS weighs a good chunk less than the LS, in both sedan and coupe form... what account for the weight difference?

most likely the options (power windows, power steering, AC, sunroof, etc etc etc) im not sure what one has what .... but that more than likely is where the difference in weight comes from

Just about every RS I've seen has AC and power windows etc... does anybody know WHY they weigh so much less? Is it weaker components, or just less goodies?

look into the firewall. and sound dampening shit. im probably not wording it right but i know on the civic eg hatchs. the vx doesnt have as much something around the firewall which accounts for it being louder inside the cabin and less weight. hope it helps u out some

Unless ordered from the factory most RS' do not have Power anything, no cruise control. Being an Acura it came standard with AC and Power Steering. So with that said it's most likely the dampening material.

RS - lwoest model
LS - some options
GS - most all options Standard - leather interior option
GSR -most all options Standard - upgradeable interior to leather and VTEC engine (B17A1 or B18C1)
ITR - All Options except sunroof, leather and B18C5 :worthy:

Please do not qoute me, Ive read the ITR didnt come with the sunroof, I may be wrong though.

Originally posted by SpodaB1@Apr 18 2004, 10:11 PM

Please do not qoute me, Ive read the ITR didnt come with the sunroof, I may be wrong though.

No, ur right - thats how we spot fake type argh's

Originally posted by SpodaB1@Apr 18 2004, 11:11 PM
Unless ordered from the factory most RS' do not have Power anything, no cruise control. Being an Acura it came standard with AC and Power Steering. So with that said it's most likely the dampening material.

RS - lwoest model
LS - some options
GS - most all options Standard - leather interior option
GSR -most all options Standard - upgradeable interior to leather and VTEC engine (B17A1 or B18C1)
ITR - All Options except sunroof, leather and B18C5 :worthy:

your wrong on that. The ITR basicly had no options, expesially in 97. In 97, the ITR had no AC, no Cruise, no sound deadning material, thiner glass, as well as a bunch of other things to make it lighter. It did not have full out leather, it was actually suade material.

The RS had no sunroof, no spoiler, I belive ac was an option, and a few other things were deleted to make it lighter.

Thanks for uhmm not quoting me... Im more into gen2 integra's 90-93 I was basically assuming, I dont follow gen3's. So im sorry for misleading information.

Back