integra manual tranny can;t change gears

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

anatoliy

when car is off have no problem to change the gear, but when i drive i can't change the gear, i have to find a perfect speed to change the gear............

lets say i have in 3rd and 45 miles, i try to put 4th in i have to wait till the speed going to be 40, and its the same with all the gears, actually i can put in the gear if the speed is too low for that gear

It seems as if you need Barker ringsthese rings are to slow down the gears to allow selection of gears, hapened to me three weeks ago, the tranny will have to be taken apart to find out what exactly is worng with it, park it for now, before you increase the damage

I just backed up a bit and read your previous response, for clarity, you said that you have to press hard to selct gears, did you meant that you had to press hard on the clutch pedal.

My bad just reading your response and doing a lot of stuff, sorry. If you can find the gears when the car is off, then it means then that you need to replace clutch, pressure plate and choke bearing, then you should be fine

ahhhhh, if you have to press hard on your shifter then it is definately not clutch nor pressure plate, once the shifter is giving problem then have the tranny checked out

Right he said he has to match RPMs for it to shift smooth, that is what the synchros do. It could also be a bad clutch, but my money is on the synchros.

forget the clucth things i spoke about, the synchros as efhondakid mentioned are the source of the problems, wish you luck in locating them, if you cant get the synchros, you may need to replace the whole tranny

It would be cheaper to pick up a used tranny. But then again you run the risk of getting another bad one, altough the synchros dont go bad on the Honda trannies too often.

Back