integra manual tranny can;t change gears

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

my tranny got stuck in fifth gear gear and was hell to unstuck, had a friend open the box and it was indeed the synchros. So word of advice get the box inspected

a used tranny may cost you about $1, 200 its a gamble, very difficult to locate the parts, but you can ask around for a damaged tranny and use the synchos if they are good to repair yours

i probably will i already drive with that problem more than for a month, the car was sitting for a week so didn't have tranny oil, i drove like few miles without oil, got more oil in and it start doing what its doing now.........

a used tranny may cost you about $1, 200 its a gamble, very difficult to locate the parts, but you can ask around for a damaged tranny and use the synchos if they are good to repair yours

$1,200??? From where? I see used LS transmissions on Craigslist and forums for as cheap as $300...

$1,200??? From where? I see used LS transmissions on Craigslist and forums for as cheap as $300...

I got one with only 80k from a friend who did a swap, only paid 70 bucks for it... if you look in the right places you can find one no problem, i'm sure someone on this site or on another honda forum is doing a swap and has one to sell :shrug2:

Sounds like what happened to my truck i changed the throwout bearing and it was fine.

Add new oil and try it, check the linkage too because my one mechanic didn't connect my linkage properly and it was really loose and i couldn't shift into some gears, til i got on my road and the whole thing dropped before i got into the driveway. The syncros make more sense tho.

tya man u need to find another use tranny trust me my friend have the sam problem butt... if you are going to get a tranny i recomend the gsr tranny it pulls harder than hell behind the a1 motor... trust me

find a gsr tranny you will not regret if bu u will have to get a new clutch and fly wheel for the gsr because the the spine dont match with ls clutch and flywheel

Back