integra problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

geminianm1

i have a 93 integra da and there is some problem with the rear of the car. when i go over bumps the car shifts in the back (right to left) and when people are behind me it looks like the car is kinda goin sideways a little and is not straight at all. i have looked at the control arms and stuff after takin the tires off and i cant see what is wrong. nothin looks bent or anything.
anyone know what could be goin on?

What kind of bumps are you talking about, o_O how big are they? And does it only happen when you go over bumps? Does the car track straight going down the freeway?

just any small bump from a little divit in the road to just running over a simple sewer cap my back end will jerk to the right. and well the car drives striaght but at any speed it looks like the car is goin down the road crooked. its also destroying my back tires by wearing them down pretty fast.

Did you jack it up and take both tires off and give it a really good look over? Something could be loose. Jack it up and make sure everything is tight. Try giving everything a good wiggle while you're down there as well.

I'm not real sure on the suspension setup on a teg, but I had a similar problem with my eclipse gsx. Does the car feel like the suspension and the frame arnt connected? If you let off your steering wheel on the highway does it move back and forth on its own? I had this issue and it turned out to be the upper knuckle bushings where shot. I would check around in the rear take a look at all the bushing back there and check for cracks or if the rubber doesnt feel right. If thats what it turns out to be your going to need to take it to a shop because most of the bushing are pressed in

Back