integra radiator in b16 crx?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

freak86

will a 90-93 integra radiator fit into a 88 crx si without modification? I have a obd0 b16, and I need a new radiator(mine's busted), and I don't want to have to deal with the b series hoses being too big for the radiator. I'd rather make it all b-series and not have to mod. Is it possible? I've searched, and heard both ways. Some have said they had to mod, but others have said it's cake, and no modding.
I'm also thinking about a mushimoto(or whatever the name is), koyo, and fluidyne, and I'm assuming that I would want the teg ones of those for the same reason, right?

The Integra radiator is too tall to put in a EF without modification. The inlet and outlet on the stock EF radiators aren't too small to where the B-Series hoses aren't able to be clamped down hard enough.

You have other options if you're dead set on trying to run a B-Series radiator i.e. after market crossmember/traction bars and running the half size radiator from a 93-97 Del Sol Vtec or 99-00 Si.

the only problem i had with a teg rad. in my ef..was theres a spot on the passengers side..its flat on top and it was hitting the hood..you can take a hammer and dent that part(like i did) and its perfect

Thanks for the info guys. That's exactly what I wanted to know.
One more thing though. How much denting did you have to do? Because I really don't want to dent.
I may just end up going with a Mishimoto radiator. Cheaper than Koyo and Fluidyne, but still better than stock.

its just the support under the hood you have to dent..i dented it in about a 1/4 of an inch and its about 2-3 inches long..you wont even notice it if done right

I put the teg rad in my crx and I only had to notch out the front cross member a bit to fit the larger outlet on the bottom, a sawzall worked great. I had no clearance issues with the hood. ???

Back