Integra Swap Help Me

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

blink1_8_2dude

I have a 95 integar ls i also have a a obd-1 gsr motor i believe that all i need is a new ecu(p72) and to wire all VTEC wires, i was wondering if this was accurate? Also i was wandering am I lossing that much power by sticking with the B18b tranny, my funds are very limited(high schooler). I was also wandering how much shit am i getting myself into?

yO, wireing is a bioocha. i dont know about the tranny problem, and high schooler? whats is your mech skill like? ever done a engine swap? or just changed the oil on a lawn mower? ha ha J/K kid good lick
poWered by hoNda
hybridHBb18b1

UHHH well I have pretty good mechanical knowledge, I have never done a swap before, the closest thing i have ever done is dropping a 350 in an S-10 well either way we both know these are two very different types of swap but thanks for the help.

hey I can help some the wiring isn't that bad as long as you have some patience As far as the ls tranny if your racing quite often it might hurt some because the gsr like to stay in vtec when shifting thats what makes the motor so responsive but if you use the ls tranny and you are racing whether it be on the street or at the track you can put smaller tires on the front to accomodate for the lack of close gear ratio in the tranny hope this helps Good luck on your swap if you do it just use the head and intake make it a ls/vtec more torque and power now you have your cake and can eat it too

dude, just buy a gsr tranny or b16a tranny, you will spend a little more now but its well worth it, i am looking to buy a b16a tranny to put on my LS b/c i cant stand the lnog ass gears.

If you want to spen the money then buy the tranny but if your on a budget because of school buy a lightened flywheel I just did the swap to a90 crx and that made a night and day change.I promise you will be happy with it hey sleepr crx nice quarter mile times my buddy's went 14.0 98 mph

IMO....Sell the GSR short block and Turbo the LS. To answer your question, that is correct. Don't worry about using the LS tranny along with your GSR motor. It shouldn't hurt you too much, and if you do plan on turboing later on....the LS tranny will be perfect for a boosted GSR. Good Luck

Originally posted by BoostedB@May 3 2003, 04:13 AM
IMO....Sell the GSR short block and Turbo the LS. To answer your question, that is correct. Don't worry about using the LS tranny along with your GSR motor. It shouldn't hurt you too much, and if you do plan on turboing later on....the LS tranny will be perfect for a boosted GSR. Good Luck

huh? :huh: . if he sells the short block... then wtf is he supposed to do with the head and whatever else he might have (header, IM...)? and even if he were to sell the gsr that he has, he then wouldn't have enough $$$ to get any turbo kit that would be worth it. and if i were him, i would save until i could afford a b16/gsr tranny. the ls tranny really does blow nuts for NA.

Back