integra type r 97 -01

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

deejay

Well i was wondering if anyone knows if the integra type r came with limited slip differential? or just an open diff? and also ive been thinkin about buying an crx, well not right now but in the near future to do some autocross and i was wondering if anyone had any suggestions about which swap you'd do b18c1 (maybe with turbo) or b18b1 turbo and reason why.
thx
DeeJay

yes, it has an LSD from the factory.

if you go with the crx, you need to run a cable tranny, not a hydro. just keep that in mind.

if you have the money, Brian (sinitron) is selling his ith a butt load of parts for 20k ish...
check our classfieds forum...

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Oct 6 2003, 03:22 AM
if you go with the crx, you need to run a cable tranny, not a hydro. just keep that in mind.

not entirely true. you dont HAVE to run the cable tranny, you can do hydro. hasport has the conversion kit out now. and its makes it really easy since it still uses a cable on the hydro tranny.

so GSRCRXsi how do you like your setup? have you been autocrossing in it, how's it handle, is it what you epected regret anything... think you'd blow my doors off in my stock 02 si? .... so does anyone have any suggestions about b18c1 with maybe a turbo or b18b1 with turbo in a crx for some autocross and maybe take it to the drag strip a couple times here and there?

much appreciated for the info pissedoffsol and gsrcrxsi

DeeJay

it really depends on how competitive you plan to be.

a turbo and a swap on anycar will have you competing in the same class as 911 TT's and z06 vettes. autoX is NOT about power...

number 9 on here, Chip, runs a basically stock integra LS (I/E/k1's/azenis)and places high at EVERY autox we have. hes an amazing driver... and his car maybe puts about 125 hp to the front wheels....

building for EVERYTHING will have you do NOTHING great.

street car, autox car, drag car- they are 3 very differnt builds. pick one.

Originally posted by deejay@Oct 6 2003, 11:06 PM
so GSRCRXsi how do you like your setup? have you been autocrossing in it, how's it handle, is it what you epected regret anything... think you'd blow my doors off in my stock 02 si? .... so does anyone have any suggestions about b18c1 with maybe a turbo or b18b1 with turbo in a crx for some autocross and maybe take it to the drag strip a couple times here and there?

much appreciated for the info pissedoffsol and gsrcrxsi

DeeJay

im nore into drag, not really into autocross, but i could see myself getting into road course. it handles decent but i think i have a blown shock so its not nearly as good as it could. no regrets yet. and right now im having some problems with my ride, its just slow, but i think a valve adjustment and an unclogged cat will do the trick, then it will blow the doors of your stock si :D . its easily a low 14 sec car.

best time so far: 15.019@95.32mph

i ran that EXACT TIME and SPEED.....
when i had my 92 SI with the LS/VTEC, LS tranny, no intake, no exhaust, stripped interior a little.....the run was the day after i swapped the motor.....i had a LS ECU and APEX controller

i later got full exhaust, and GSR ecu, and all the other goodies, Fuel regulator, Skunk 2 IM, GSR Tranny...Etc...but never had a chance to run it at the track again.

just letting u know.

haha thats funny. yea my valves are in need of adjustment and my cat is clogged. so im getting highflow cat put on, getting valves adjusted, and putting a header on friday/saturday. plus the jimfab bars i just put on, and the extensive tune ups ive just done in the past 3 weeks. car should be running a lot better and hopefully i will be able to get into at least the 14.5's.

well i was wondering if any of you guys know if there is a diffference between the us si crx and the canadian si crx?
DeeJay

turbo honda and autoX aren't the best also, unless the car is tuned perfectly to run like a stock turbo car, and even then, n/a or SC would seem to be the best route.

Either way you'll make a fast car, but you probably won't be doing too well in the standings.

Back