Integra Type R

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jiahanhao

I read in a few places that for the next model year they're bringing the ITR over here. Anyone know anything about this?

:p ... yeah.. that's what I meant. But I read it somewhere.. then saw it on TOV (the great sage of honda information *cough*).

Hi, I'm Steve

(Hello Steve)

And I like Insights.

-> Steve

Seriously, I think the Insight remains true to Honda - It's one of the best cars, neatest to drive and it performs surprisingly well.

And yet people make fun of you when you have one.

True to Honda.

-> Steve

Haha, reminds me of the episode post-seinfeld era days when kramer was racing another insight on the streets of NY.

It definately has potential, I mean, drop the 300+lbs of batteries out back and throw in a b16 and get rid of the rear wheel body covers and you have yourself a sweeeeeeeet 21st century CRX :)

Well, no one has stopped to consider the power potential of what's already under the hood.

The IMA works like a supercharger - supplying gobs of low end torque. I say replace the piston 1.3 with a Rotary and keep the IMA - Give the rotary the power it needs down low and the endless upper-end.

IMA is setup now for reliability and longevity - as all motors are when they are produced. BY simply changing the "fuel map" (You know... Telling it to do more) with a chip you can see some power. Electric motors that large are capable of 200+ lbs/ft of torque.

B16s aren't :p

-> Steve

Hey man I had a post about that a while back and everyone thought i was fuckin stupid. Finally someone else sees the potential of an Insight. you know if anyone's actually done that though??

I was at a Honda dealership a few weeks ago... It's amazing how much the Insight looks like a modern day CRX if you just remove those wheel covers in the back.

Originally posted by Celerity@Oct 6 2003, 12:08 PM
Well, no one has stopped to consider the power potential of what's already under the hood.

The IMA works like a supercharger - supplying gobs of low end torque. I say replace the piston 1.3 with a Rotary and keep the IMA - Give the rotary the power it needs down low and the endless upper-end.

IMA is setup now for reliability and longevity - as all motors are when they are produced. BY simply changing the "fuel map" (You know... Telling it to do more) with a chip you can see some power. Electric motors that large are capable of 200+ lbs/ft of torque.

B16s aren't :p

-> Steve

Yeah but just think of all the weight you'd be saving by swapping a decent motor in there ;)

Speaking of Insight's being the New CRX... here:

I'd buy that shit in a heartbeat, slow or not.

insight2.jpg

there's no fucking way that that is an insight.

damn, i guess the wheel covers make the difference...that looks clean as hell. could you put a b16 in that?

Why does everybody love the B16? I know it is awesome engine, but the K series is the best engine Honda ever made. Let the bashing begin, but how can improving on the original VTEC be bad? Like Calesta says, until the aftermarket parts pick up, people won't like the engine. BTW, that CRX is fucking sick.

Back