Integra Type R

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hey SiR, where'd you get the lights for the bumper? that chop looks sick as fuck, I'd buy that shit in a second :worthy: :worthy:

he didnt do the chop.

and the lights resemble 5th gen prelude fogs to me.

Originally posted by Frankie P.@Oct 6 2003, 10:04 AM
Why does everybody love the B16? I know it is awesome engine, but the K series is the best engine Honda ever made. Let the bashing begin, but how can improving on the original VTEC be bad? Like Calesta says, until the aftermarket parts pick up, people won't like the engine. BTW, that CRX is fucking sick.

i agree with you. i think the K-series is the best engine made to date. don't get me wrong, the B-series was great but the K-series will take over within the next few years. i already know a bunch of fools trying to fit those K20A motors in their EGs. there is a shop near my house that did one already and now they are working on slapping a turbo on it.

EDIT: Page 2 OwN3d!!!

civic si k20<<<<<<<<<b-series

rsx type-s k20>>>>>>>>b-series

k24>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>every other production honda motor tp date.

Originally posted by saturn_boy96@Oct 6 2003, 12:13 PM
civic si k20<<<<<<<<<b-series

rsx type-s k20>>>>>>>>b-series

k24>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>every other production honda motor tp date.

ok, i mentioned the K20A, which is the JDM version...220hp...just to clarify for you:

K20A3 = 02-03 Civic Si and base RSX
K20A2 = RSX type S
K20A = JDM ITR

everyone already knows the A3 version sort of sucks ass but it's pretty good for a boosted application.

If I may ask why does the K20A3 suck? It is just the same thing as a B16. By that I mean that the better engine is obviously in the RSX-S, but a lot of people think that the B16 is the worlds best engine. The Si is great, just because it isn't 6 speed? The redline is low? Nobody ever answers this question, they just say it sucks.

k20a3 has no additional high lift cam lobes, i.e. what made the original vtec great.

it has variable valvetiming and can advance or retard the cam timing, but it has NO vtec pull. however i still think the shifter on the dash is cool as hell and fun as hell to drive with.

the A3 only has a vtec on the intake side cam, the A2 and JDM version A have it on intake and exhaust cams. neither one of the K20s has or will have a adjustable cam sprocket. all the timing is controller by the ecu.
Saturn is correct, there is no vtec switch...the new system works like the Valvetronic system of BMW. it's is a variable system that adjusts timing and what not all through the computer.
i think one down-fall of the K20A3 is the lack of the 6-spd tranny...i think if it had that it would be a better performer than the B16.
a lot of 02-03 Si owners are swapping the A2 head onto the A3 block and creating a hybrid similar to a LS/Vtec.

does that answer your question a bit Frankie?

Yes it does, now I really want to get the K20A. Man, I thought the engine was the "EXACT" same thing except for the tranny. That was one aspect I wish that the Si, a six speed.

Originally posted by Frankie P.@Oct 6 2003, 02:37 PM
Yes it does, now I really want to get the K20A. Man, I thought the engine was the "EXACT" same thing except for the tranny. That was one aspect I wish that the Si, a six speed.

go on EPhatch.com and read up on some of the mods they have done. if i read it correctly the K20A2 head swap on the K20A3 block gives you like a 15-20 hp gain.

the guys on that forum are real cool. they will answer any questions you might have.

Frankie, where are you located?

also, check out my other thread about my buddies 02 Si and his dyno session after getting his Greddy turbo put on. He says that he whooped on a few Type S RSX's already.
check it out

Wow, those are pretty impressive numbers. I know about EP Hatch, but my girlfriend signed up there. She drives the car too. She doesn't post much, so I am thinking about putting in an account. But if I do that, she wants to put an account here. Me and her a pretty much married, we have been together for 2 years now. We put our money together to buy the car. Oh, I am located in Austin, TX. I just moved from California. That is not bad for a head swap, but I would rather get the K20A, that way I get the heads and the transmission, plus the Toda engine kit, gives you like 35 WHP. I love the new K-series. :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

just remember that when you put that 6-spd in you will have to cut the area around your shifter a bit or else you won't be able to get into reverse. my buddy was going to do the swap but he decided to go turbo instead.
good luck on your swap.

I want to swap and turbo it. I am probably going to take it to a shop to swap it. I am afraid to mess up that new of an engine. Before I moved over, me and my buddy swapped a 96 Cobra engine into a 1957 Ford Courier. Went well, but I don't want to mess up my SI or the engine. Plus, I want to slap on a turbo after the swap.

here, read this thread. it discusses the head swap a bit.

check it out

the swap is a straight bolt-in. it's like putting a B16A3 into an EG chasis. the only thing that will not bolt directly up is the shifter like i mentioned to you before.

Very informative, but I think I would rather do the swap. I figure I can get the whole thing done for 10 grand, and sell the engine for 3 grand. That way it can pay for the turbo once I sell it.

<_<
s3f82432033465.jpg

s3f82433dd4686.jpg
s3f8243543828a.jpg
<_<

Back