Integra Vs Dsm

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by Spyderturbo@Mar 7 2003, 05:28 PM
Well with all the DSM bashing going on here I don't know how anyone can say that the DSM owners are the cocky assholes. I happen to own both a Civic and a DSM, and I am neither cocky or an asshole(unless asked to be). Saying that all DSM owners are cocky is like saying all Civic owners are kids with vinyl, clear corners, and gangsta rap listed as their mods. In fact almost everyone in our chapter of club DSM happens to own other makes of cars also, Mustangs, Mr2's, Prelude's, they don't look down on me for driving and modding my Honda.

The Talon will spank the teg, piece of shit or not.

-Matt
-project CX about to have vtec motivation

I once had a shclipse. That bitch was the biggest p.o.s. Seen the shop 3 times in 2 months, but only drove it a month (vacation the other month). Now, granted it was a 420a RS and the chick before me drove the piss out of it. I would buy another, but not unless its a GSX. Heavy? yes.. but they make the power to back the weight.

Now, 75% of the DSM owners I knew when I had mine were assholes. Granted, you arent. (the syderblahblah guy up there).. Im not a dick or asshole :rolleyes:

The 4g63 motor isn't to bad. If you know how to take care of shit and build it. It can be reliable.

This is a Honda board, i granted that. I own a Civic now, but the Civic is the baby of the import crowd. So many more imports can stomp one. You lose reliablilty with performance. If you didnt, you'd see 1000HP domestics and 500-600hp civics on the street.

4g63 is a PITA to maintain, and not cheap, but a stock bottom end will hold close to 24psi, I had a friend that ran 20psi for close to 20k miles, before throwing a rod at 26psi while racing a GSXR(yeah the bike) one night. His best timeslip was 12.10 @ 122mph. All for less than $3000 worth of mods. DSM's get bad reps because people by the non-turbo's and think they are the shit, and they suck. A non-turbo 1995 or newer DSM is nothing but an overweight Dodge Neon, that is a fact, it is a Neon motor,nothing in common with the 4G63 turbo motor cars.

Honda's definately have a better track record as far as reliability, that's why I drive one everyday, and I like my Honda a lot, even though it's so slow I get passed by Mazda MPV minivan's on my way to work. Hopefully that will all change with the swap. Will it ever be as quick as my DSM, nope...

***we have a club DSM t-shirt that has a pic of one on jackstands and it reads: "my DSM loves it's jackstands"*** :D

This board has given me a lot of knowledge and guidance so far with my Civic project, and I appreciate that a lot, because I knew nothing about Honda's when I started to research my swap.

-Matt

1994 Civic CX getting a makeover soon

Back