Integra with dual cam vtec?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CHodels

hey im new to this getting technical with cars and really wanna learn and i was wondering if i was to get an integra type-r would i be able to engine swap and put in a dual cam vtec if there is an engine faster please let me know and i would also like to know a rough estimate of the price of the engine and how much installing it would cost and last but not least how long would it take for a professional to put it in i really want the fastest car in my town i would love help:) money is really no issue right now im just trying to get an estimate of all the stuff i want in it

the integra type-r already has the best engine that honda/acura makes.

just be prepared to have it stolen. and insurance isn't cheap either.

and there will always be someone faster. even if the car isnt' faster, they may be a better driver. build a good car, not just the engine, and you'll have plenty of fun.

it depends....

what is your budget? be specific

how mechanical are you?

what kind of driving/racing are you going to do?

alright well im not very mechanical i just know the basics and i want to beat my buddies mustang 5.0 in a straight race no turns and i want my car to turn heads my budget is 5,500 for the car and like 2 or 3 grand for aftermarket shit:)

Whats done to the 5 liter? If your buddy knows anything at all about how to go fast, itll take a fair amount of effort on your part, in a Honda, to beat him.

so are you saying that your total budget is roughly $7500?

well dude im not looking for just a honda like i said i want some examples of cars that me and my buddy (who is extremely good with cars) can make faster than that mustang

no its 13 grand but i was gonna hit up craigslist for the car and make sure everything is fine in it

At the risk of sounding like a GM fanboy, I say get LT1 F-body. With a 5k budget, youll smash 5.0's into the ground all day.

it doesn't take much to be faster than a mustang. it really doesn't. especially in a straight line. you just need to know how fast that car that you're competing with is. just an estimate, but if you get a honda into the 14 second area of a 1/4 mile, you'll probably beat him.

If I had $13k and my goal is to "beat a mustang and turn heads"....

Since you are 17, i am going to assume you aren't looking at a lower end BMW or anything like that.

a few options....

1) 94-2000 integra. slap on a turbo and tune. brakes, tires, suspension.

2) an older bmw M3. tons of stuff you can do, plus it's an "M"

3) Nissan 240sx. get an sr20det swap and have fun with it. sick car. i've had 3.

i was looking at the 240sx and the 300sx but how much is the engine the installation and how long would it take to get the swap finished?

i would just buy one already swapped. it's a buyers market right now. you can get a killer 240sx for about $7000 and it will smash the mustang.

the best engine is an sr20det.

the 300zx is decent. but it's really heavy and the twin turbo model is pretty spendy, even though its' old.

ya ive noticed that well bro you got and messenger thing i have a few more questions if your willing to answer em

it doesn't take much to be faster than a mustang. it really doesn't. especially in a straight line. you just need to know how fast that car that you're competing with is. just an estimate, but if you get a honda into the 14 second area of a 1/4 mile, you'll probably beat him.

A 5.0 with a cam and a K&N will do better than 14's. One with an Explorer "GT40" top end will do even better.

just go ahead and list them out here on the forum. i dont' know everything, some other people might have input.

A 5.0 with a cam and a K&N will do better than 14's. One with an Explorer "GT40" top end will do even better.

but it depends on which mustang it is. if it's a '96 shit box, even with a k&n and cam, it's not gonna run better than 14.5.

if it's the stock 5.0 with i/h/e, it's not going to be that fast. thats why i said he needs to find the base time and speed.

Back