Integra wont start

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i wouldnt put a b18a1 in there then thats going backwards

Obviously Your motor locking up to oil probs is not the case from the little amount of info I have. Ill start by saying so check for..

Battery < Alternator < starter < wires. Beyond that I would say your motor is shot =P

But for future refrence Frequent oil changes is the best prevention for motor problems ;)

Last edited:
First thing to do is check your oil level.

Next make sure your battery is fully charged. If not then charge it until it's back to 12v. If that does not work buy a new battery or hook up jumper cables or a charger to do the next test which is...

Do a compression and leak down test and make sure everything is within specs.

Post back with that information and we'll see where to go from there.

Top off the oil level and do a compression and leak down test. There's really no other way to determine the condition of your engine without doing those 2 tests.

Where exactly was the level of your oil? Below the bottom hole in the dipstick?

You need a compression tester and a leak down test kit. I see you are in Jamaica so I don't know what kind of auto shops you have access to there, but if there is a place you can take it to and have those 2 tests done I would recommend doing that and posting back with the results.

The other option you have is to buy a compression tester and leak down testing kit and do the tests yourself. Usually, if you don't have the tools already, it is cheaper to have a shop do the testing for you.

If that's what you think you need to do go ahead. The only way to determine if your engine is damaged is to do what I suggested above. If you don't want to do that then I really can't help you any further.

i will see if i can get it done really like the power this motor has

Then I would get it checked out before you go through the trouble swapping engines.

Basically, if you have a compression and leak down test done, it will tell you if your engine is damaged or not. If everything checks out ok your problems should be a relatively simple fix. And if not you will know your engine is junk and you can determine whether to rebuild or replace it from there.

I have the same problem but i have fuel nad spark but wont fire i have just recently change the main relay and its a 90 integra could you help me out???

like the other guy said hard to say without more info...if the starter is locking up then its alot better than the engine locking up. dont be afraid to take your starter and or alternator off and go got an auto store and have them tested, thats all free! If replacing the simplest items doesnt fix it id find someone nearby who can actually look at it...or make a video...

Back