intercooler clearence

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Oct 16 2002, 03:16 PM
Calesta- I'm not paitining it, nor do i care if i look stock or not-- cuz frankly, IMO, my car looks far from stock already...

Oh, I know you don't look anything near stock... but that's how I would do it. I wouldn't want people to know that I have a turbo- I'd find a quiet blow-off valve and route it to the exhaust or something too. Keep the sleeper look going...

:D

lol, cheater.. i seen this old mitsu 323, like 85 or something, with a turbo eclipse motor? and he had his IC painted like the stock grille, and bumper color too, i didn't even notice till someone pointed it out :)

Slick! That's something I didn't think of... match the intercooler completely to the stock bumper paint scheme. Nice!

:D

I'm with Calesta on that one. keep it looking stock , but be able to deliever a punch.

I'd got with a small front mount, and water injection. to help cool the intake charge. also, some people have used nitrous oxide to cool the intake charge as well.

wow, I can't believe you turbo guys haven't heard of water injection. I'll find a link to a system. it's very similar to fuel injection.
you add a second set of injectors to each cylinder, which inject airrated high pressure (135psi or so) to get a really good atomized injection of h20 into the cylinder. the cooling capacity of water is somthing like 4000 joules/cal (might have the units fuxored). It's an excellent way to cool your block and the intake charge. you can make ungodly amounts of power with water injection

my buddy has it on a T-Type , he swears by it.
I was thinking about running a H2O kit on a N/A motor
when I get to build one that is

i know, but in the bumper ther's spots for some... i want something near stock looking... but i don't wan to cut my bumper to shit to fit this cooler in there

keep the sol and do what im doing get one of each FWD RWD AWD hehehe

<del sol
<impreza ( might be picking up today )
<RX7 ( next project )
:)

you seriously gonna sell the sol ??

i don't know anything.

I want a FUCKING skyline- but NO motorex has to be a greedy fucking pig slut and charge almost 100,000 for one. And NO the FUCKING US government has to be a bunch of pig fucking assholes and say no, no skylines here.

so yeah-- i don't know wtf im doing anymore.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Oct 17 2002, 07:01 AM
water combustion = boom.

im not messing with it

:werd: Anyone ever heard of hydrolock? All it takes is for that system to freak out and hydrolock your head!

Back