intercooler flush

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civic15.8

ok so i finally got my car out of the shop doing my rebuild and now there is oil spraying out of the blow off valve.

Ok before i go on any more i'll go ahead and tell you that my turbo seals went bad and oil leaked into the compressor side of the turbo and down into the intercooler and the pipes. that is how it is spraying out of the blow off valve.

ok with that said i think that there is alot of oil in the intercooler and will it be ok if i flush it out with water or something as long as i know it is dry before i start running it again. If i sohouldnt use water then what should i use? thanks for any help you can give me. :worthy:

Use gasoline. Soak it and then rinse it thoroughly with water. Let it dry and you should be good. My friend Brett did that with his SMIC on his 1g DSM and it worked great.

engine degreaser. that shit eats oil and evaporates quick as hell.

Be careful with engine degreaser...Some of them use additives, that can attach to the aluminum, and then when the heat from the turbo hits it, can turn them into toxic fumes that can eat away aluminum...

Use gasoline then rinse with water and let dry.

And no smoking!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back