intercooler non turbo?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

and does ne1 in here think that if u were to put a stainless Y pipe off your injection on a VL and run piping down to 2 open sections in your bumper and run 2 PODS would it increase your air intake and allow the car to perform better??? i'm thinking it might but does ne1 know for certain??

Just my $00.02 here, but wouldn't an intercooler hooked up to the intake w/o the turbo actually cause the intake air temp to be higher than ambient air?

Forgive me, for I know nothing about intercoolers. Does it run coolant from the same water pump that "runs" the radiatior?

nah it cools it because the FMIC catches the air which something catching air at high speeds cools it so that causes it to feed cool air into your injection.

nah it cools it because the FMIC catches the air which something catching air at high speeds cools it so that causes it to feed cool air into your injection.

Okay, you just confused me even more. Catching air at high speed cools it?

Forgive me, for I know nothing about intercoolers. Does it run coolant from the same water pump that "runs" the radiatior?

coolant? intercooler is for when you have a turbo. the air that goes through the turbo is hot bc the turbo is run by the exhaust. the air then goes through the IC and gets cooled in the same way the antifreeze in your radiator does, this way your engine stays cooler.

works like a radiator, only with air, no coolant.
pointless without turbo.

You could drive with your feet if you wanted to. Doesnt make it a good fuckin idea.

/ChrisRock

Its not worth it, in fact you may actually be descreasing your HP by putting it on, not to mention the fact that it will decrease your throttle response too..

because of how much space between the ambient air and the engine there could be an increase in torque assuming that there isn't any build up resistance from having to go through the intercooler in the first place.

IMO you're posing if you have and intercooler on your car and no turbo.
who ever suggested selling it on ebay gave you the best advice. You should take your friend out to eat though once you sell it.

Back