Votes: 0 0.0%
  • RX7 turbo II intercooler

• VW 1.8T intercooler

• Other(please speci

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SolPWR

Im looking for an intercooler that will be cheap like around or under $100. These were some i found on ebay for under a hundred

im pretty sure the probe/mx6 and the thunderbird are all pretty much the same.... and that's what id choose

dont quote me, but on my boosted d series board some people were saying great things about the volvo smic.

i heard another rumor that the dsm's dont flow worth a shit.

anyone?

mitsubishi starion/conquest fmic's are decent for custom setups

Originally posted by DTEC@Oct 1 2003, 10:16 AM
mitsubishi starion/conquest fmic's are decent for custom setups

i dont want to start and false rumors, but i heard it was the smic's.

this coming from a mod on that board who had one...@10 psi

the starion ones flow like poop. the mx-6/probe ones are great. mod on here (ji) used one on his setup and ran 9psi just fine. (i think it was 9)

Starion ICs suck. I had the MX-6 turbo IC on my setup. I was running 10, but who's counting. I have a Mercury Cougar XR-7 intercooler in my posession (the supercharged 3.8L option above), and I can tell ya, this thing would kick MAJOR ass in any setup. It's big, and I haven't done any manometer tests with it yet, but it has more internal cross sectional area than a 2.25" pipe...

OK i see the ford owns the intercooler race. but i was also thinking about the new neon SRT-4 intercooler. A friend and i went to the dodge dealer and looked for a manifold for his eclipse and it came out to $700 for the manifol and the turbo. I think thats cheap. so the intercooler which is FM would be like $300-400 with pipes. im going down tomorrow to find out.

i thought you said under $100? my 2G dsm flows pretty good at 8psi but i'm about to get the pimp daddy bling bling Tyrus fmic.

If your looking at getting the srt ic i can get a deal on them so let me know.

i'm looking at getting an fmic from an audi 5000. it looks good and its pretty good sized.

I found one from a galant Vr4 it isnt even on that list but it looks good and would fit my car perfect

Back