Intercooler

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

turtl631

What's a good front mount intercooler for running an sc34 on an ls engine with around 250 whp? Are there any standout models, or do most get the job done? I'd like to do as little extra fabrication as possible. And as always, cheaper is better, and if used intercoolers are functionally sound, id consider that too. Thanks!

are there any blow off valves that have a clear edge as well, while not being excessively expensive? based on an extensive test Sport compact car did, it looks like the A'PEXI bov works very well, with absolutley minimal surge. is this a good one?

what about manifolds, are there any standouts there? sorry, i just dont know a ton about this stuff, and my tuner friends are pretty much the same. everything online is hype because everyone's tryin to make a buck so i need someone to help me see thru the crap. thanks!

Race - Full Race makes a great manifold.

Street - Inline Pro makes the BEST streetable cast log-style manifold hands down.

is there anything less expensive than the inline pro that would work for my application? also, do i need a new intake mani? whats a good wastegate for my application? is the A'PEXI BOV recommended? any other parts i should know aoubt? ( i already have turbo, intercooler, and piping covered). wait, what about exhausts? if i get custom bent piping, what muffler should i go with for a very low yet as quiet and muffled as possible sound? thanks!

not really... inline pro is as low as i would go. the rev hard is more expensive, the fmax is wierd, and the drag sucks.

tial 35mm should be fine... or their new 38mm
tial bov is good, as is the greddy type S

get a 3" exhaust, as well as 3" downpipe. quiet + power = doesn't exist. if you want to be fast, you will be loud. but keep in mind, a turbo car's exhaust is generally quieter than an n/a car, as a lot of the excesse exhaust gets dumped out the waste gate.

who makes a good 3" downpipe that will fit an LS? Are there any standout mufflers to top off my custom bent 3" exhaust, or is it based more on personal preference?

Back