Interest in 15x8 wheels?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

MaaseyRacer

I mentioned this earlier, but I now have more information.

On the miata forums lately there has been discussion, of toyo making a 225/45/15 RA1. Well Toyo is now going to do it, the only problem is that there are not many wheel makers out there who are making a light weight 15x8 wheel. On the miata forum they have been working on getting vendors to talk to a few manufactures. The idea would be to make 15x8 +35mm offset to run a 225/45R15. It would be dope if we could get a cheap and light 15x8, the problem is the cost would proabably be pretty high to do a small production run, but if the honda crowd was in along with the miata crowd, and some vendors wanted in on it then the cost could be justified to get a light 12# 15x8 wheel on the market. Is anyone interested in this?

Here is a link to the miata forum discussion:
http://forum.miata.net/ubb/ultimatebb.php?...ic;f=3;t=010461

very interesting, though i have not crossed my hatchy yet biger is almost always better. In this case wider is better.

Originally posted by Calesta@Jan 6 2005, 05:35 PM
Sweet. I'd be all over it, but I'd want an offset that could fit under stock Civic fenders.
[post=442182]Quoted post[/post]​

:withstupid:

i think +45 ish would be good... +46/47 maybe ideal. +48 and up too much

Hmm you think? I'd probably go with +48 just to be safe. +45 Integra wheels with 205/50/15 on them rub my stock fenders already.

they are also 15x6 though. you can't even compare. the width will change the correct offset.

a +45 wheel in 15x7 will sit differently than a +45 wheel in 15x6 or 15x8

Ok- but offset is measured from the center line, so a +45 15x6 will still have .5 inches more clearance on both sides of the wheel than a 15x7 +45 wheel right?

due to my love for digging up old posts, I thought i'd get this one back up on the board...

I have recently come to find out that TireRack.com carries Kosei K-1 wheels in 15x8 4x100 but only offsets available are +12mm and +32mm. I'm thinking the +32 *might* fly on a NON-abs eg or ek due to the shorter hub spacing (track width), assuming you have enough camber to keep the tire away from the fenders. TireRack.com also specifies that custom machining is available for these wheels, I can't help but wonder how much material could safely be removed from the hub flange...

Thoughts?

I might have to take back my most recent post, I went to order one of the Kosei wheels from TireRack.com just to check fitment and one of the wheel techs a little more familiar with these got back to me and said that the manufacturer has since discontinued that size/offset/lug pattern combination. But I'm sure if we could get enough interest they could be talked into doing a small run on them again.

Anyone know of any other 15x8 wheels? Preferably 4x100 but I might personally be considering an ITR 5-lug swap so 5x114.3 maybe also?

There was this miata racing parts company(Good Win Racing) that had 15x8 with i think +45mm offset. I dont know if they have any in stock though.

so has anyone ever figured out if a 40mm offset on a 15x7.5" or 15x8" will fit under stock ek fenders? I *might* have a lead on some rims, but need to be sure they will fit before I go ordering them up

tires will be 225/45/15

15x7 +42 is what i ran on my del sol.

i'd have to gather than 40 would be too small.

B- were those the same rims on the car when I was up there getting the stock d-motor out of it? I don't remember them sitting too bad in relation to the fenders...(?)

Plus the rims in question will be my autox only rims on a car with ~3-3.5* camber for the track. I think I *might* be able to get away with the 7.5"s but I dunno about the 8"s even tho obviously I'd rather go with the wider ones if I could get them to fit somehow...

i dont remember what was on the car when you were here....

these are them...

DSC00903.JPG

Back