Interesting Electrical Problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

reckedracing

TTIWWOP
VIP
So i plugged in a car phone charger this morning that i've never used before
somehow it managed to:
1 - not charge the phone
2 - kill the radio
3 - kill the map lights, and when you hit the map lights it makes the "DOOR" light in the cluster come on

this is a 1993 integra ls
any ideas?

werd. i did that the other day installing my new head unit. accessory fuse blew and it took out a lot of stuff and made other things act all funny.

yea, i went through the fuses but i'll be double checking them with a test light as soon as i get to my shop

i'm leaning towards a ground or relay, or maybe even the interface control unit? or whatever it is

i see all the affected things share grounds G301 near the pisser resevoir, and G401 behind the drivers side kick panel

i just don't understand why the map light would turn the DOOR ajar indicator idiot light on in the cluster and not actually illuminate the bulb
i also noticed that the clock is flashing, bright and dim, as if you're turning the headlights on and off...
very odd

let me know if you have more suggestions

another interesting oddity
a couple months ago i stopped to clean snow from the rain gutter, when i closed the drivers side door it shut the car down, but it started right back up
then i closed the door again cause it felt loose and again it killed the car
i've heard from a friend that a relay goes bad and closing the door will cause a temp break and stall the car, so i'll be looking into this relay after the grounds and fuses

Back