Interesting Engine Swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Hey I've been dying to do an enigne swap to my car. I currently have a 96 Accord V6. The engine is a C27a. I want to know if anyone ever of a swap from that to the J30A5 engine. Its also a V6 engine and it also belongs to the accord but to the 2003-2007 model. Can anyone help?

hey they will flame u for that here.i was asking the same thing and they acted like i came in and said hondas suck.

We didn't flame you, we just said there's not a whole lot you can do with it. If you think what we told you was "flaming", then you've got no idea...

no, we didn't flame you for wanting to swap, we flamed you for your approach.

in the end, accords aren't good for swaps. there isn't much you can do with them. they are meant to be grocery getters. enjoy the smooth ride and not waste money on a swap.

I've seen some accords with boosted H22's that were just nasty, so accords can be more than grocery getters.
If the guy wants to invest the time money and effort into a swap that either has never been done, or only done a handful of times, I say go for it, but they do have a valid point. What are you trying accomplish with this swap? For the power gains you'll net, you could probably just do bolt-ons and achieve the same performance. If you're doing it to be different, prepare to shell out some serious coin. Being different is very expensive.

H22 swap all the way man. You do not want to mess with the j30a5 its a wiring disaster. No one has got it right in a 6th gen accord either. If o one can wire up a j30a5 from a 7th gen in a6th gen which had a j30a1, I couldnt imagine an a5 takig a c27's place!!!

in the end, accords aren't good for swaps. there isn't much you can do with them. they are meant to be grocery getters. enjoy the smooth ride and not waste money on a swap.

I think what he meant to say was V6 accords aren't good for swaps.

They are more hassle than they are worth.

F and H series motors will NOT go into a v6 chassis. They are completely different front ends. To the best of my knowledge, there is no mount kit available for this to happen either.

IMO, the best thing to do for a v6 accord (besides leaving it alone) is to slap on a jackson or a small turbo kit.

F and H series motors will NOT go into a v6 chassis. They are completely different front ends. To the best of my knowledge, there is no mount kit available for this to happen either.

IMO, the best thing to do for a v6 accord (besides leaving it alone) is to slap on a jackson or a small turbo kit.

This is correct. Dashboard forward, the v6 accords are completely different from their 4 banger counterparts. In fact, the 4 cly Accord stuff is designed in Japan, while the v6 and 2 door stuff is usually done here. Going from a c series to a j series is like going from a d15 to a h22. Both are v6's, yet they have very different exterior dimensions. The j series are 60 degree engines and the c series is 90 degree.

I think what he meant to say was V6 accords aren't good for swaps.

They are more hassle than they are worth.
They are a hassle but ca make alot of power with a swap

yes a 4 cyl will but i would NEVER go from a v6 to a 4 cyl swap i mean it will fit with alotta cutting and welding not a plug and play swap oh and comptech is the only real supercharger for v6 accords and mine is boosted. Turbos work reall good actually.
This is correct. Dashboard forward, the v6 accords are completely different from their 4 banger counterparts. In fact, the 4 cly Accord stuff is designed in Japan, while the v6 and 2 door stuff is usually done here. Going from a c series to a j series is like going from a d15 to a h22. Both are v6's, yet they have very different exterior dimensions. The j series are 60 degree engines and the c series is 90 degree.
yes sir^^

They are a hassle but ca make alot of power with a swap

yes a 4 cyl will but i would NEVER go from a v6 to a 4 cyl swap i mean it will fit with alotta cutting and welding not a plug and play swap oh and comptech is the only real supercharger for v6 accords and mine is boosted. Turbos work reall good actually. This post is meant for a 6th gen not 5th sorry

yes sir^^

im just curious how putting a 240hp (same as my s2k) is a LOT of horsepower in a 3200lb car (the s2k is 400lbs lighter).

Again, not trying to criticize, trying to put things in perspective. It's an expensive swap to undertake with negligible results for the price. Why do that when you could have bought another accord and an h22 swap for the same price, similar results, and none of the hassle.

Wtf? Why don't you rethink your position, 1) this is a site called hondaSWAP, 2) this is the "Accord" section of said Honda site dedicated to discussing swaps, 3) Accords are in fact some of the easier Hondas to do swaps with. Granted, the C27 is a dead end, but seriously, if you're not into Accord swapping, wtf are you doing in the Accord threads?

Oh and to the original poster, they are correct, it is the least compatible chassis to do any swapping with. So boost it or sell it, and I'd do the latter. And, so you don't show up with an F23 Accord asking how to make 200+ HP, I'll give you the down low on Accords/Preludes.
Sell your accord and shop within the following criteria:
1) Buy a prelude. The H22 is relatively rare in the 92-96 prelude, so either take your time and find an H22 or buy a 97+ Prelude that will have the H22 already in it.

2) Buy a 1998+ Accord V6 Auto/2000+ Accord 5 speed V6. If you want a stick, they didn't team the 5 speed with the V6 until 2000.

3) Buy an S2000. Obviously as much speed as you can get factory from Honda (save for the NSX) but cost is always the determinant on this one.

I'm going to leave out the Integras and Civics because ultimately they don't deliver on the high end as well as the Honda big blocks (unless you boost them), no replacement for displacement as they say. And I'm assuming you bought the Accord for a reason.

So, all that being said, happy car shopping, or, if you insist on keeping your car, look for some bolt ons, I mean, 170HP isn't too bad a place to start, that's 10 more HP than a stock Prelude Si with a H23. Granted, you are also stuck with an auto, but do an intake and exhaust, and some headers, and you are making 180+ which is H22/J30 territory anyway. You don't need to swap at that point, you're making alright power.

The question you have to ask yourself is what you are wanting from this car. Do you want something that will smoke anyone? Or do you just want to add some pep to your daily driver? If you want a smoking fast car, then you need to buy something with 200+ HP stock and mod it. If you just want to get a little more power, do those bolt on mods for ~$500-800 and make another 10-30HP at least.

2) Buy a 1998+ Accord V6 Auto/2000+ Accord 5 speed V6. If you want a stick, they didn't team the 5 speed with the V6 until 2000.
Youre sadly mistaken 98-02 J30 accords never came in manual and if it was They sure wouldnt come with a five peed. You have to swap a 6 speed From a 03 Cl-S, or a 7th gen accord, or a 04 TL.

5 speed :p lawlz

Youre sadly mistaken 98-02 J30 accords never came in manual and if it was They sure wouldnt come with a five peed. You have to swap a 6 speed From a 03 Cl-S, or a 7th gen accord, or a 04 TL.

:werd:

There were no manual transmission V6 Accords until 2003...

Nice catch, I thought there were some rare V6 manuals before 03. Has anyone here gone to the trouble of putting a 6 speed in one? You'd have to use the ECU from the CL-S/7th gen/TL wouldn't you?

Back