Interesting girl situation...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

are you really sure she's not just another notch in the belt? especially after you dated her sister.
I dated her sister way back at the beginning of high school. We never even slept together.
We haven't done it yet, and I'm ok with that.
I've found I'm always more interested in the girls that make me wait. Getting it right away just tells you that most guys probably went through the same deal.
serious though, you are in a really shitty position then. she is going to get drunk and hook up with a guy or hook up with an ex and you will get your feelings hurt.
Absolutely agree. Happened to me awhile back. Now I say what I feel.
If a girl is over the age of 20 and still has a tongue ring, she's definitely not 'real relationship' material.
I don't agree with that. I've know whores with and without and I've known great girls with and without.

Last edited:
She's cute. I say approach the situation with not so much caution, but awareness. Try to go about it in a way that won't give your friendship a devastating blow below the belt(no pun intended) if she's not interested.

I also have a really close female friend that I've known for years. Dating is a possibility and she says shit like "We're getting married if we're both single when 30, hands down." Seems like a similar relationship. With her, I know if I were to try and take it to the next level, I could get an honest answer without hurting our friendship(If it were a no, that is) long as I went about it the right way. If you two know each other so well, I think you can easily think of how to go about it without risking much.

Now whether or not shit goes sour if she were to say yes, I can't help you there. But hey, if it is gonna work out, you've got an awesome head start with all the material you've got to work with. Good luck, mang.

I'm probably going to go for it. But not for a week or so. Fuck finals. But I do have a time frame in mind. Her ex get's back from Iraq in January. She dumped him but I know he's going to be trying to hang around. Dude can't take a hint.

Iraq? He's going to be insane and going pussy drunk over her. He might shoot you...srsly.

Yeah.... You need to wait that shit out. (Speaking professionally about this one.)

Be her friend when her ex comes back. Be more after she kicks him to the curb again.

Be her friend when her ex comes back. Be more after she kicks him to the curb again.

:werd:

3 things can happen.

1) things work out just fine with you and her

2) she dumps you and gets back with him

3) he goes nuts and shoots you both.

don't be too ingnorant to think that any of these aren't possible.

:werd:

3 things can happen.

1) things work out just fine with you and her

2) she dumps you and gets back with him

3) he goes nuts and shoots you both.

don't be too ingnorant to think that any of these aren't possible.

:werd: x2

Vets are capable of some crazy shit if you set them off.

Kid is a cry baby pussy. Marine Armory. IE. In the rear with the gear. Pretending to be hard, short Hispanic kid. She kicked him to the curb about a year and a half ago. This isn't his first deployment. I'm not scared of him.

That may have been true the last time you saw him.

I'm just saying that the military has a way of changing everything about a person, to include the way you think.

NEVER let feelings go unsaid.

I concur.

If you guys are as close as it seems, she should already have an idea of this. And if she doesn't, you should tell her straight up and honest. Get it out of your system before anything happens. If she knows how you really feel about her, maybe she feels the same way and just doesn't know how to say it to you.

It could bring you guys closer, or it could set the record straight and stop something before it becomes more than you bargained for/wanted.

My .02

:popcorn:

i don't have much input for you...just this - if you both find that you're really looking forward to each other's company on a daily basis, and both really care what the other person has to say about any given situation, and that life just doesn't really feel like it's in full color unless you have the benefit of this person in your life - then you're in for something serious. otherwise, it's just playtime.

good luck! :)

That may have been true the last time you saw him.

I'm just saying that the military has a way of changing everything about a person, to include the way you think.
Did you read what I wrote? He's a career Marine. This isn't his first time overseas. He's been in for years. He's not changing.

i don't have much input for you...just this - if you both find that you're really looking forward to each other's company on a daily basis, and both really care what the other person has to say about any given situation, and that life just doesn't really feel like it's in full color unless you have the benefit of this person in your life - then you're in for something serious. otherwise, it's just playtime.

I've had plenty of play time. Great advice.

This definitely applies directly to this friend that was real close with me for the past few years then I crossed the line recently. It's odd because this really applies. Hmm. Should I :ph34r:

This definitely applies directly to this friend that was real close with me for the past few years then I crossed the line recently. It's odd because this really applies. Hmm. Should I :ph34r:

I say go for it, what do you have to lose? You're young, enjoy life while you can ;)

Back