Interesting Honda Swap....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

EGProject

YEEEEAAHHHHH
Kinda interested. Sadly.

Wondering what engine management hes running, and how he got the tranny to work with the Civic. I'm sure some of the Mitsu gurus (Turbomirage, B16) will fill in on how odd the swap is.

Ebay linkage... Here

f1716c8d.jpg

f1716c6c.jpg

Great sleeper though...

2650 reserve? damn. i bet phyre god is kicking himself in the ass for paying more for the beat up cx with pep boys rims :p

i'm sure it will go for more than that though...

Naaa.. I hate red on hondas. And you couldn't pay me to drive a hyundai powered vehicle, I HATE that company with a passion. I don't care if it is a 11 second car.

I'm happy with my cx. I'm changing each piece one at a time, and building a car that is just right for me. My own choices, my own design. I like it alot better that way. Its no fun driving someone else's creation.

Quoted post[/post]]
Uh... it's a 4G63T. It's a mitsubishi engine. just so happens to have a hyundai valve cover.

yup. IIRC, thats just a fun-cover. funny also to mention, he's got the dual runner cyclone intake. it functions like the gsr intake. i wonder if its a JDM engine? there are no differences in the motor except the manifold and the required electronics/ecu to utilize it.

the elantra which sported the "hyundai" 4g63 was never turbo, and sometimes confused with a really watered down 4g64 which also came in those cars.

somoene put that valve cover on there. probably since the original one was busted. they are like plastic.

i've got a hyundai valve cover for mine. :ph34r: because i decided it would be more fun to use a hammer to remove the previous valve cover. :cool:

also, the swap isn't odd at all. that motor has made its way into a multitude of non-mistu related vehicles. i would suspect it to be one of the most generally modified motors in the world.

I am not sure if thats a genuine eclispe motor. my friend changed the cover of his B motor with an eclipse's cover. I might be wrong, but it could be done.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Naaa.. I hate red on hondas. And you couldn't pay me to drive a hyundai powered vehicle, I HATE that company with a passion. I don't care if it is a 11 second car.

Um....

You're about to get flamed.

Flame away.. I don't like mitsu's either. :dunno:

I was referring to the 'hyundai powered' comment...

yeah, i doubt the swap would be too difficult. A guys swapped an F20C into an AE86 (on a BMI vid posted here a while back)...a 4g63 almost feels like it should be a standard honda swap.

New mounts...new front steering...maybe like a 5-6k project...prolly have to rip out the dash and use an eclipse cluster or your own after market design.

Pardon me for being ignorant, but why the hell would you want a mitsu motor in a honda anyway? They are notoriously crap engines.

No they aren't.

Built 4G63Ts are some of the highest power 4-cylinders on the planet.

Why do you think they put them in the EVO, and are making enough horespower to make your Honda motor crap itself?

totally beat me to that...i love honda, but i cant fault the 4g63....the sr20 either.

Back