Interesting Honda Swap....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

4G63T's are anything but strong in the US

Crank walk
Bad crank angle sensors
Bad ECU's
Dropped Valves

When they're running they're great, but when they're not its a royal pain in the ass

Also, SR20DE's have terrible #3 rod bearing problems and that awesome 5th gear pop-out...again great when they're running right...but

Honda motors overall are one of the most reliable engines around.

The only comparable eninges I can think of (reliability wise) are VG30's (Maxima's) and early 2VZFE's (6 banger Camry's)

crank walk was only in one of the gens'.... not all

which is what i have right on my porch.

you gotta think, most 1g motors are... atleast 150k motors and most are severly abused. wonder why they break? i know mine was severely abused, but that doesnt matter since im going all new top and bottom.

the average turbo dsm gets tons more abuse than your honda. think. redline runs NOT at atmospheric pressure due to uppages in boost. idiot tuners who blow them up thinking they just do free mods and expect their motor to last. forget them.

any reputable dsm owner can and will make his car last. also, the parts are less expensive than honda parts :wink:

i have yet to see a reliable modded 4g63t
ive seen plenty of them and not one has made it through more than 6 months of agressive driving

they are fast when they run, WHEN THEY RUN

and you're going all motor anyway... you don't count

.what is the problem with these engines.... is it the engineering? or just the crank walk??

Quoted post[/post]]
.what is the problem with these engines.... is it the engineering? or just the crank walk??

tHEY JUST suck..Thats it..Even if you build it right...They still fuck up...Trust me I know...lol
But then again..In a Honda...Fuc* yeahhh....I always wanted to do that..I have a 4g63 complete engine in the garage...I think im gonna drop it in next year on the fodo and make the bitch 4wd..I have the whole shhhaaabbbangBANG.. Yayyyy....

I wonder if it will fit on the 90 hatch...hhmmmmm.... :)

the cranks like to walk
crankwalk.jpg

one way to combat this is to keep the crank on a leash
CrankWalk.jpg

or you could try taking the crank for scheduled walks
crankwalk.jpg

they make a piggyback computer to monitor it
crankwalk.jpg

or you can try this simple fix
walkingcrank_fix.jpg

Quoted post[/post]]
that, and its a 4g64 isn't it?

hybrid son. its a 4g64 without the extra weight.

E - i will be nowhere near the limits of the motor, though. most dsm turbo guys push further than the limits and hence... problems.

the bottom end should be good to 600whp atleast, the pauter/wiseco combo looks entirely too yummy.

i dont care, this is my final project car. gotta do something fantastic with it, and what im doing is fantastic to me. to be nationally competitive is my goal for next year, even if that means taking driver courses, and membership with scca.

if i destroy this car, look for something new and probably not modable in my future. probably be a lancer ralli///art or an 01 or 06 civic ex.

bahahhahahha...Thats some funnny..shiiizzzzt.....LMAO.... :worthy:

Quoted post[/post]]
i have yet to see a reliable modded 4g63t
ive seen plenty of them and not one has made it through more than 6 months of agressive driving

they are fast when they run, WHEN THEY RUN

I am driving it... Never been dynoed and I have no idea what the hp is, but its WAAY over stock, however its still 7psi of boost.

been running for 3years and 8 months without anything going wrong, and that was after I rebuilt the motor when I bought the car.

nissanninja...not only did you jinx yourself with that post, the devil is comming to get you.

nissanninja.gif

Back