Interesting night last night...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Airjockie

Watanabe Whore!!!
Rest In Peace
well, after I typed up that huge political post in the other thread and went thru the remained of what Corona's I had...I went to bed at a decent time. Then the wife kinda woke me up 10 minuted earlier than usual, and had a bowl of oatmeal and a coffee in front of me to wake me up. Anyways, I jump and get on with my night as usual. Got in the car, and started the 30 minute commute to work...after I passed a certain check point, I'll look at the clock and see what the drive will be like...I hit Rt 15 coming off of I-691 at about 10:52....and normally it takes me 27 minute to get from my house to the Sikorski bridge...so looking at the time, I have an extra 10 minutes to spare, so I started driving the rest of the commute at a decent and easy pace of about 65mph...and at the second checkpoint, which is the first rest area on the way southbound from Meriden, I glanced at the clock and I still had plenty of time. And then all hell kinda broke loose. I guess there was a car that spun out up the road about 1-2 minutes before I came up on him, and I was right behind a car that saw the incident before I could, so the brake lights pop on in front of me, and I got to test the new tires on the subaru finally...and they had more grip than the other tires I had before, and remember...no ABS. Well, anyways, after we got down to speed to safely pass, the car in front of me just swerved around the car, and I just stopped my car, and thru on the hazzards....because the car was still halfway in the road, at 90 degree's. I jumped out, and checked on the kid, he was getting out of his car, and another car was already infront of his car and the other guy was calling 911. So the kid prolly lot control or hit something and the car plowed into the gaurdrail, popped back out in the road, and busted two of the tires on one side. He prolly broke his front teeth, but the airbag had deployed, so it prolly could have been worse.

Now remember...this is Rt 15....a 55mph road, and I've never seen a car go less than 65mph on it...and it's so easy to drive it at 80mph and not even notice....and then there are the maniacs out there that just hit 90mph and stay that fast from Meriden to NY... And remember I said I put my car in a way to give us a little protection for the other two cars, and to use it as some sort of a beacon to warn other drivers there is something wrong up ahead.... Welp, sure enough...after we found out everyone is alive and good to go...here comes this one idiot doing about 80 mph, and if my car was there to warn him...then he would have prolly slammed into the wrecked car, and the other parked car, and prolly would have hit the people as well... and then another idiot, and another idiot...and finally their brake light were warning the other drivers...so people started to slow down.

And then while the kid is still shaking, I hear the other guy speak up, and he said "your living up here in this area now?" I look up and its one of the guys I used to work with in the blade shop....so were standing there talking about work, the house, and at the time...the poor kid is still trying to get his head to stop spinning. And then the fire trucks came, I waved them to park to be a barrier to protect us, and then told them that me and the other guy was not involved, and we jumped in the cars and headed off to work. And by the time I walked in the door at work, and clocked in...it was 11:27...so I was still three minutes early...hehe. But if I didn't leave as early as I did, then I would prolly been stuck in a traffic jam if those other cars would have plowed into that spun out car.

And then the rest of my night was to remove and replace three main rotor dampers, install 3 main rotor blades, install the damper resevoir lines, sevice and bleed the damper system, and set the pre-track on the pitch control rods....I was busy as hell.... :cry:

Well, yesterday, I fixed the Z's tempurature guage, and I was happy, and went to fill it up. And I parked it to where I could take it to work last night...I even brought my handbag that I use for work into the house, so I can wake up and jump in the Z...and take it...but I remembered that the brakes still suck in it..so I took the subby. :ph34r:

It would have been destroyed if I did take it...and with the rain this morning...I'd prolly slide off the road somewhere on the way home. And when I filled it up with gas, I had 198 miles on the guage, and it took 9.5 gallons of 93 oct. so it's getting nearly 20 mpg, and the temps are very stable. :cool:

Back