interesting stats

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

posol

RETIRED
17% of you are using outdated browsers (IE5.x, hell there was a couple netscape 3.0's in there!!!!)

8% of you are using out dated o/s's (every windows but 2k/xp)

now, my question is this....

how is it that more than DOUBLE of our outdated OS users are using outdated browers.... when most of us are using xp (80%) that ships with IE6

i don't get it...

Originally posted by B16@Nov 25 2003, 08:43 AM
win98se is full of bugs

but Win2K/XP is horribly bloated in comparison... It's a tradeoff. :)

15-20 second boot times on a recent system with Win98 for a few bugs, or stability with reduced resources and responce time with 2k/XP. :)

Originally posted by DarkHand+Nov 25 2003, 06:47 AM-->
@Nov 25 2003, 08:43 AM
win98se is full of bugs

but Win2K/XP is horribly bloated in comparison... It's a tradeoff. :)

15-20 second boot times on a recent system with Win98 for a few bugs, or stability with reduced resources and responce time with 2k/XP. :)

you turn off your computer? wtf for? :lol:
just lock it and leave it, or if you want quick boot times, hibernate instead of shutdown :)

its 98- of course you have to reboot 3 times a day.

i think i rebooted my xp machine 3 times this year other than for software installs that required it)

Sometimes I log-on using my powerbook running OS X Jaguar and either IE 5 or Safari

most of the time I'm on my WinXP Pro machine with IE 6.x

:lol: we still have 98 users.

Could be any one of these here:
Nutscrape 7.1 on Solaris 9
Konqueror 3.1 on FreeBSD 4.8
Konqueror 3.1 on Slackware 8 (I think) Linux
IE6 on XP Pro

Using XP with IE 6.something.

And I fucking hate XP. I use it at home and at work, and both places are fucked up because of it. I want 98 back. Yeah, you had to reboot more than in XP, but it was simple and easy to work with. Plus, it wasn't all bloated and difficult like XP is.

Wow, you almost sound like a Mac user :ph34r: :lol:

You need FreeBSD, unfortunately that would mean giving up most (read all) of the games you play.

I'm still happy on win98 and I reboot maybe once a week. I use XP at a friend's shop and don't like it nearly as much.

I used 98SE for a long time, well into the release of XP. The small footprint is what kept me around... Finally got XP though and have been using it ever since. The number one reason is an almost total lack of bit rot. I would reinstall Win98 every few months, I STILL haven't reinstalled XP, with no major loss of performance. It's getting about time after around 2 years, though.

win2k = greatest microshit OS ev4r

Back