interesting story (maybe)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lsvteccrx

I bought a dohc zc (obd0) motor from JETCO in Queens, NY. They told me 500 for a longblock with in. and ex. manifold, dizzy, wireharness, etc.. I got there and the dizzy and wireharness were not on it so i talked him down to 450. While we were there, our jeep was blocking someone in a parking spot and so they kicked the door. When we went to move it, the guy who was blocked in intetionaly backed his car into the side of ours like it was nothing.
so we got the motor in the 91 crx si and it ran like shit. we thought it was the dizzy so we got the right one from an 89 integra. it still wasnt running right. i figured out that it was a fuel problem. when we went to check the fuel rail and injectors, i noticed that the injectors said "IPT" on them. I said to myself "thats wierd, why are there obd1 injectors in this obd0 motor, and why are 2 of the injector seals missing?" so to make a long story short, we replaced the injectors with obd0 injectors and now it runs straight................. sorry if the story wasnt good but i just felt like telling everybody and i was bored. thanks for reading.

I'd take the motor back and get some more moeny back or just give it to him back if its been rigged like that.

Back