interesting trip to the BK lounge...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

What web browser do you use? FireFox has a built in spell check if you're interested.

And since I'm here...

I used to work at a True Value Hardware Store, which had previously been an Ace Hardware a few years back. Ace Hardware does bag discount deals several times a year (they send out bags with the newspaper, and when you bring it to the store you get a discount on whatever you can fit in it).

So one day, some dumb-ass lady calls in...

Lady: Yeah, hi, is this Ace Hardware?

Me: No, sorry, that store went out of business a few years back. This is a True Value Hardware now.

Lady: Oh, ok. Well are you guys doing the bag deal for Ace Hardware?

Me: Nope, sorry.

Lady: Well why not?

Me: Because that's an Ace Hardware promotion.

Lady: So why can't I use my bag there?

Me: Because we're not Ace Hardware.

Lady: Ok. Well I just don't understand why they would send me a bag in the mail and why they would be showing ads for this on TV if the local stores aren't doing this deal.

Me: That promotion is for Ace Hardware. We're now True Value. It's a completely different company.

Lady: Well why do I keep seeing these commercials on TV for the bag stuff if there isn't a local Ace Hardware anymore?

Me: I don't know! The people that work in the stores don't control the national televised ads ma'am!

Lady: So you're not accepting the bags then?

Me: NO!

Lady: Are you sure?

Me: I'm sure.

Lady: Can I talk to your manager please?

Me: He's going to tell you the exact same thing.

Lady: Put him on the phone please.

Me: Fine.

And yes, he told her the exact same thing, four or five more times. Shit like this happened on an extremely regular basis. Hourly retail and hourly fast food jobs are some of the worst possible jobs to have in terms of the amount of idiotic and/or irate people you have to deal with in comparison to the money you're getting paid...

Just got one of those on the phone a couple of minutes ago. I'm just really curt with people like that. Supervisors in this business can't do much more than I can, and people don't seemed to get it.

wuts funny is when u see ppl pay for ther food and just leave thats funny iv seen it happen so many times

Alright, two funny stories. I work at an Advance Auto Parts, and given the town I work in (look up Circleville, OH), we deal with a lot of stupid people.

1) Guy walks in, obviously unbathed, tattered, about 3 teeth left. Puts a motorcycle battery box on the counter and says he want's his money back. So, doing as I'm supposed to, I open the box to see what's in it, and it's quite obviously a used battery. So I'm helping him under the presumption that he wants his core charge back. Well, when I ask if there's anything else he wants, he proceeds to ask my why I haven't gotten him a new battery. He then goes on to say that someone sold his girlfriend this battery that's obviously used, and if he didn't get a new fucking battery, he was gonna have the sheriff come on over and straighten things out. I don't know how this man could afford a cell phone, but he pulled it out and proceeded to dial, all the while saying he was going to have our store charged for "theft by deception". So my manager caught wind of this man yelling at me, and walked up from the back of the store. She got to the counter right as I was finished telling the man that "my buddy Dwight (the sheriff) who just so happens to live next door, be great friends with my Dad, and is on a first name good buds basis with me and my respectable family would probably not mind coming and straightening this out, and while we're at it, it's 7:30, my girlfriend's father, who just so happens to be the city prosecutor is probably off work now too. I could probably get him down here to see what the likelyhood of pressing charges would be for you." At that point my manager told me to go pull backstock but before she could help the guy he walked out the door. Small town connections pay off.....

2) A lady called in asking for a price on brake pads. I ran down the list of pads, telling her about the different qualities and prices, then proceeded to tell her they all had lifetime warranties. She then asked me why our other store quoted her 6 dollars cheaper for the cheapest set. I responded saying that I'm not sure why any of our other stores would have done that being that our pricing is the same pretty much everywhere, and she insisted that I was trying to rip her off because she was a woman (over the phone nonetheless). I responded saying that I can't make a price for the pads, and that when I scan them they're the same price everywhere. Just by chance since I have inquiries about price matching all the time, I asked if she called Auto Zone the first time. Of course she replied yes, and I told her that she called Advance Auto Parts. She then went on to tell me that we were the same company and that I was trying to rip her off. I hung up the phone.

on that note though, my co-workers and I have a lot of fun calling Auto Zone here (it's just a bunch of stupid teenagers, no experience) and continually ask for imaginary parts. My most reputable was the water pump and thermostat for a V6 neon.....

.....if you have some good Ideas to add to our list, let me know

holy shit that's long, sorry guys...

Last edited:
Wal-mart are pussies now. A kid came in complaining that his bottle of Castrol Syntec Grease has gouges and scratches all over it (not opened). He had no receipt, but with some new policy crap, all they really need is an I.D. So he bitched and bitched til they gave him his money back. Later camera footage shows he grabbed it from the shelf, cut it all up and took it to the returns desk. He just got $12 free. I dont even know if they went after him but i had a feeling he was lying. Also this happened at 3:45 am (we are 24h), like who the hell does this at this time. And wouldnt you have noticed it before you bought it.

on that note though, my co-workers and I have a lot of fun calling Auto Zone here (it's just a bunch of stupid teenagers, no experience) and continually ask for imaginary parts. My most reputable was the water pump and thermostat for a V6 neon.....

.....if you have some good Ideas to add to our list, let me know
I used to work at AutoZone. I used to call the other AutoZones and ask for Falopian Tube, pistons rings for an rx-7, radiator for a 68 vw bug, a left-handed screw driver, shit like that...

Wal-mart are pussies now. A kid came in complaining that his bottle of Castrol Syntec Grease has gouges and scratches all over it (not opened). He had no receipt, but with some new policy crap, all they really need is an I.D. So he bitched and bitched til they gave him his money back. Later camera footage shows he grabbed it from the shelf, cut it all up and took it to the returns desk. He just got $12 free. I dont even know if they went after him but i had a feeling he was lying. Also this happened at 3:45 am (we are 24h), like who the hell does this at this time. And wouldnt you have noticed it before you bought it.

Wal-Mart will allow you to make returns without a receipt, however, you have to use your drivers license to do so. What they don't tell you, after three returns without receipts, they will not allow you to make any more returns. They will say that you have exceeded your limit for the calendar year.

Wal-Mart also doesn't prosecute anyone under the age of 16, or over the age of 65.

Just a few fun facts about Wal-Mart.

I work there and i didnt even know that much detail for it lol....or they told me and i just forgot. Now that you mention it i think he said something about 3 returns.....

Yes Wal-Mart is a cult. The vests, the cheers, the recruiting, the damn smiley faces that make me wanna burn the place down more. Oh and the unstoppable expansion of their stores, the nazi's of the retail business. God i gotta leave that place. I make a little over $11/hour now with a small raise i got for being as sexy as i am and for having a 75% JDM Integra :) so its not that bad. Still nights is killing me slowly.

Seven years total, and five years of retail management for that company taught me much.

Wal-Mart changed their dress code about a year ago. So if you are wearing a vest, you are out of dress code.

Some big-shot came from Target to Wal-Mart on the home office level and decided that having a uniform look in all the stores would be a better image for the customers. Hence, the required khaki or brown pants and blue shirt. Wal-Mart is just following suit behind all the other companies out there in regards to their dress code--Best Buy, Target, etc.

Maybe not here in Canada its still the vests and such. Im on nights so i dont have to wear it, i wear anything i want as long as its not too offensive.

Ya, we are a bit different up here but not by much. But im sure if both an america and canadian walmart were beside each other you could tell the differences.

Also im going on to my third year now, three years too long i say. I will be leaving within a few months i hope.

Lol, I designed the smiley face for the Poulsbo Wal-Mart in Washington when it first opened lol. My stepmom worked there. Just thought you'd like to know I contributed to the cult.

Back