Intergra Wiring Harness On A Jdm Sir2 (b16a)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

delsolsir2

I have a 93 del sol S that im swapping a jdm b16a into. I installed a wiring harness from a obd1 gsr integra, to add the wires to the knock,vtec,oil p. on the engine. However the problem that im having now is that the larger plug on both the drivers and passanger side do not fit with what is in the engine bay. I realize that i have extra wires on the integra harness (evap, intake butterfly, map), but the connectors look like with slight mod, i can get them to fit. I dont know if everything will be hooked up though. do i have to repin the conector? I dont want to splice into harness. All other plugs fit except those two, :( any help would be appreciated.

It's a USDM harness right? Not a JDM RHD one? That would make a difference. I'd suggest getting a 92-95 Civic helm manual, and a 94 Integra helm manual to help you out with the wiring. Contact me if you need any info from them.

I have both a chilton and haynes manual, and have gone over the scimatics several times, but cant figure out if i need to change the wire configuration in the plug. Those manuals only list pinning on the ecu. my issue is what to do with the wires that go to the secondary butterfly, evap, ect. these wires are come off the engine, but since i dont have those features, i dont know if i can just leave them there or if i have to take them out and plug in another wire. thanks for your response.

Originally posted by delsolsir2@Jun 5 2003, 04:50 PM
Those manuals only list pinning on the ecu. my issue is what to do with the wires that go to the secondary butterfly, evap, ect. these wires are come off the engine, but since i dont have those features, i dont know if i can just leave them there or if i have to take them out and plug in another wire.

That's why you need a Helm Factory Authorized Service Manual. It shows the pins on all the connectors. The Haynes and Chilton's manuals are useless when it comes to wiring. I have them if you need the wiring schematics. This might help too:
http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=478377

But it won't help you with the shock tower plug pins.

If you have that info, it would be quite usefull. i actually went to the junkyard and got the ecu and tower plugs, ive been trying to match all the wires for a week. any info on the tower connectors would save me alot of time. this is one of the last things till i can drive my sol. that other info was also informitive, thanks.

I IM'd you with the FTP link for the helm manual downloads. Enjoy!
It should solve all your wiring problems.

Back